Which shocks should I get?

cexualcensations

Greater success brings worse customer service (not always).  They sell so much now, its not worth the inconvenience of helping out a single customer on a single order. You say your going to order 20 pairs, and I bet they would change their tune.

461434[/snapback]

They still aren't as large as Works, and they do it. Some custom orders are done 3rd party and some in house. TCS was the same way. :shrugani: It's just nice if your going to spend that kind of money, you can get the color and plating of your choice. To me it's like swingarms, a-arms, etc. It would suck if a company only made one color of those.

They still aren't as large as Works, and they do it. Some custom orders are done 3rd party and some in house. TCS was the same way.  :shrugani: It's just nice if your going to spend that kind of money, you can get the color and plating of your choice. To me it's like swingarms, a-arms, etc. It would suck if a company only made one color of those.

461685[/snapback]

Hmm, ok then, well, Elka's run by a bunch of assholes :dance: . That explain it then? I didn't know Works would do that though, when I got my set of shocks from them long ago, they only had black, red and blue.

• 2 weeks later...
how about those Fox shocks???? any one tried those???

they look pretty cool :confused:

461752[/snapback]

I have installed them on a few customers yfz450s and 450rs they love them.

I am installing a set on one of my yfzs this week. they are awesome shocks although unfortunetly they are not making them for the banshee right now. And i dont forsee them doing it any time soon.

Works would be my last choice for sure! What I'd like to do for you guys is get a side-by-side picture of the Works valve and conventional valves. The Works systen is better than stock because of the spring rate. The valve is a machined aluminum piece and uses a small spring and ball to control the oil flow. A conventional valve uses shims stacked together to produce the best fine tuning. These shims cost about $1. each and a normal valving can use 40 or more of them. Because Works doesn't use shims they can sell thier shocks cheaper.

ELKA makes a great shock no doubt. They use the conventional system but add a check valve. I'm not really sold on this set-up yet but a great shock regardless.

I personally prefer the TCS shock because I think Todd has better valving and his shocks are a little cheaper than the Elka.

I would buy new TCS fronts (our price $795.) and have the rear converted (our price $385.) to dual rate. Free shipping on a package deal.

Shane