advance key

randelator

well let me tell ya advance key is no good , let me explaine my self, we did a dyno run on my shee, without the key i made 56.4 hp at the wheels, and with the key in it made 55.9 hp at the wheels,and we tried it 3 time each run and with different jetting, and it make the bike run hotter 10 degre more, :cheers: so for my self its not worth-it just my 2 cents, by the way sorry for my english i am french but thanks anyway

Edited by randelator

Intersting. Maybe you should try the same test with the adjustable timing plate.

458590[/snapback]

4 degree advance on a key or 4 degree advance on timing plate its the same for me, i dont want to waste any more money on thats scam, just my 2 cents :yank: Edited by randelator

Are you 100% sure that you didn't install it backwards? It'll retard your timing just as easily as advance it. Also advancing the timing tends to lean out the engine a little, so you might have to compensate. Advanced timing isn't a scam. Its been a source for increased power in motor sports for a long ass time.

Maybe I should take the 38 degrees of total advance out of my blown '67 Nova, bet it runs better after that :shootself: Like wallrat said, as long as you make other adjustments to make sure everything is in order, timing advance (to a point) is a great source of additional power in most any application.

Are you 100% sure that you didn't install it backwards?  It'll retard your timing just as easily as advance it.  Also advancing the timing tends to lean out the engine a little, so you might have to compensate.  Advanced timing isn't a scam.  Its been a source for increased power in motor sports for a long ass time.

458626[/snapback]

pretty much, better go back and check ur self frenchy

well let me tell ya advance key is no good , let me explaine my self, we did a dyno run on my shee, without the key i made 56.4 hp at the wheels, and with the key in it made 55.9 hp at the wheels,and we tried it 3 time each run and with different jetting, and it make the bike run hotter 10 degre more, :cheers:  so for my self its not worth-it just my 2 cents, by the way sorry for my english i am french  but thanks anyway

458566[/snapback]

yeah I run 12-16 degrees of advance because it makes my asphalt bike slower...........

LoL

well let me tell ya advance key is no good , let me explaine my self, we did a dyno run on my shee, without the key i made 56.4 hp at the wheels, and with the key in it made 55.9 hp at the wheels,and we tried it 3 time each run and with different jetting, and it make the bike run hotter 10 degre more, :cheers:  so for my self its not worth-it just my 2 cents, by the way sorry for my english i am french  but thanks anyway

458566[/snapback]

sorry but yours would be the first that a +4 advance lost power that i'v heard of.you sure it was only a 4 degrees advance?if you go over +4 with a pretty much stock motor then it could cause problems on a stock motor running gas.