Banshee Vs. Big Bore 4 stroke

matthoyda

Can anyone explain to me the powerband of a banshee? I own a 2002 honda cr 250, but i want to a buy 4wheeler...I ride in the woods and alot of fields. I would buy a big bore 4 stroke like a raptor or possibly look into a 400 but ive ridden a couple 400's and none of them have even close to the power of my 250. I love the way it feels you when take off and it just feels like its going to rip you off of the back...would a banshee be this way? I know banshees arent the best for the woods, but ive ridden motocross bikes my entire life in the woods so i dont think ill have any problems in that way.... but i need some help with getting the picture of how banshees compair to the other 4 strokes...no one around here has one that i can ride.

if you want it to compare to your 250 then yes get the banshee. It has a harder "hit" when the power band kicks in (no power valve).

Banshee's are not that hard to ride in the woods, just not the perfect fit. But neither is a mx bike :D

If you want to stay 2 stroke then get a shee.

on the 4 stroke side the 400's are slow, the raptor is slow, but they are fun in the woods and you can "cruise" with them easier. The yfz450 is the closest to power as the shee but of couse w/o the "hit" but with 4 stroke linear power.

If you live near sand or are going to take a trip 1 a year to sand then the shee is the best. or if you ride alot of trails you can open it up on.

Bottom line is all personal preference

:cheers:

Bottom line..... If you like the hard hitting power and almost out of control feeling you get from a 2 stroke (like your 250) the Shee is the only way to go....period. But if you want to criuse more, and be more at ease on the trails, you will won't to try a 4 stroke, but not a 400... you'll just be selling it in a month or so. My best friend has pretty nicly modded Honda 450. Close to the power of my shee, but just feels more in control, almost lazy. Plenty of power, don't get me wrong, it'll lift the front in 3rd or 4th if you make it, but not near the rush as a shee. 4 strokes are powerful, comfy, and controlable......Shee are just plain NASTY!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

You already know the answer to your question, thats why you posted it on Banshee HQ.

Enjoy your new Banshee!, thats why we're all here. B)

Bottom line..... If you like the hard hitting power and almost out of control feeling you get from a 2 stroke (like your 250) the Shee is the only way to go....period. But if you want to criuse more, and be more at ease on the trails, you will won't to try a 4 stroke, but not a 400... you'll just be selling it in a month or so. My best friend has pretty nicly modded Honda 450.  Close to the power of my shee, but just feels more in control, almost lazy. Plenty of power, don't get me wrong, it'll lift the front in 3rd or 4th if you make it, but not near the rush as a shee. 4 strokes are powerful, comfy, and controlable......Shee are just plain NASTY!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

458754[/snapback]

Took the words right outta my mouth :cheers::dance:

I think the banshee is great in the woods, although it is more tiring to ride than the 4 strokes. But I didn't buy a quad to be comfortable, thats what my couch is for. I bought a quad to go fast, and the banshee does that very well. More often than not, Im riding in the woods, and have no complaints. 400s can't keep up with me unless its tight trails. Plus I love pulling up to them on long open straights when they're topped out, and I still haven't shifted into 6th.

Get the banshee, you won't regret it.