Redundant Question

gatoman28

Hello everybody, I have a redundant question to ask.

I bought the toomey T6 pipes, 2:1 HFFS

I ride at Glamis, CA. the temp there during the day is about 75 degrees, during the night its about 50 degrees. The altitude there is about sea level, alittle below in some places, alittle above in others.

I have wrote that I overheat, plus i have a loss of power also that I have to rev up alot so that i can move from a dead stop. I was told that I was running lean. that I should run 330 main jets with #30 pilot jets. i will also change my coolant to a better one in order to cool the bike more.

I need your recommendations once again to make sure that I get eveything correct. Here are whats on my banshee:

stock motor

toomey t6 pipes

2 K&N filters w/outer wear (one on each carbs - RU0210)

280 main jets

stock pilot jets I think they are #25

I removed the airbox

Please give me your suggestions once again.

Umberto

I know the T5's like the 340-350 mains, needle 4th clip, stock pilot...I don't think the pilots will solve your issues....how does it start when cold? warm? if it starts up easy, then the pilots are good. Adjust the air screws and see where they like to be at..try .5 turn out, 1.5 turns out, then 2.5 turns out..the mains will help it pull harder on top and keep the motor cooler.. needles should help pull out of the hole..Run stock gearing or less w/ paddles.

Edited by Banchetta