why are so many people getting rid of the Banshee'

Danno

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man....here I am buildin my shee to get the suspension I need to race the 4 smokes. I just slapped on the LSR axle and +2+1 LSR fronts. Im going with TCS all around, and comparing it to stock, its gotta be a huge difference.

I love representing. but txblueshee is right. I am working twice as hard, and the arm pump is twice that of some one on a 4 smoke. but when Im pulling away from them in the straight's...its all worth it.

I cant believe they banned the shee's from racing in WA. that's almost unheard of. What the hell is an open class anyway?

I think if it runs and is safe....race it.

MEDIA spreads the word fast and loud that the 2 stroke is soon to be history and the new and improved 4 strokes are the way of the future, and people buy it, literally. maybe it has something to do with all the hype that the next generation get shoved on them as well. it seems that those of us who are most familiar with the era of the banshee and 250r's for example, are the ones who are reluctant to give it up. even though i have a shee, my 15 year old nephew has no desire whatsoever to have one after his blaster. it's the yfz450 or nothing, banshee's are old school, and you can't be playing with old school toys, you have to have the latest and greatest. he's never even ridden a 450, but then again neither have i, especially after sitting on one in the shop, it just doesn't fit well. it feels like i'm back on a blaster again. i'll mod up my shee to meet or exceed all aspects of the new 4 strokes before wasting my $$ on one. :headbang:

Hell, I'm just getting rid of my banshee cause I've not been riding it. Dont have

the time with all the deployments I go on. I've still got my raptor and I only use it to cruise on...when i get the chance.....I mean you really cat cruise a banshee unless your at WOT :rotflmao:

....I cant believe they banned the shee's from racing in WA.  that's almost unheard of.  What the hell is an open class anyway? 

I think if it runs and is safe....race it.

454997[/snapback]

didn't say all of WA. Just local to me. The only class you can race is Harescramble. Nothing else, but you can race mx on a 2 stroke bike :confused:

One problem I've experienced with my banshee, is that I started out being able to ride wherever I wanted, but mainly rode in the sand. It was bone stock for the first couple of rides, and I threw on some T5's. Cool, I was happy with it, until I got beat by some 450's. It seemed to be about 50/50, so I put a 4mil in it and extended the swingarm. I was happy with the performance, but my competitive nature left me wanting more.....hence the cub. Now, I got a kickass duner that quite honestly is pretty fuckin freaky to ride. My buddies groan every time I gotta head back to refill my tank, because they're still sporting 3/4 of a tank of gas doing the same riding on their 450's and other 4 pokes.

Add to that, my kids are old enough to where I want them to ride. Woo, ain't nothing like following around a 5 year old on an LT80 with a 421 cub.

Somewhere along the line, my thirst for acceleration and adrenaline took over common sense. It happens all the time to people with shee's because it's so relatively easy to make them go fast.

Don't get me wrong, I love my bike dearly. It pulls like a f'n Freight Train. But I'd rather have 2 quads that are more practical sometimes.