Guess my HP

Wallrat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp...Just got back from the dyno and I'm just a tad disappointed. Not in the HP though. Like I said I just wanted to pull at least 60. I ended up pulling 61.2 HP w/ 35.8 ft lbs but...I was having major issues with my clutch slipping so I actually made more than that. Dunno how much exactly but the dyno read in the low 60 range on several passes as the curve came back down (graph would go blank as the clutch spun). So uh...apparently a Dirt Digger clutch w/ 3 HD springs ain't gonna cut it. Oh well, back into the engine.

Oh and I ended up w/ a 68 pilot and 195 main, CGK needle on the 3rd position, air screw 2.5 turns out. Not too shabby for a single carb eh?

edit: Shit I just noticed how close I was on my estimate! Whoop whoop!!

Edited by Wallrat

Welp...Just got back from the dyno and I'm just a tad disappointed.  Not in the HP though.  Like I said I just wanted to pull at least 60.  I ended up pulling 61.2 HP w/ 35.8 ft lbs but...I was having major issues with my clutch slipping so I actually made more than that.  Dunno how much exactly but the dyno read in the low 60 range on several passes as the curve came back down (graph would go blank as the clutch spun).  So uh...apparently a Dirt Digger clutch w/ 3 HD springs ain't gonna cut it.  Oh well, back into the engine.

Oh and I ended up w/ a 68 pilot and 195 main, CGK needle on the 3rd position, air screw 2.5 turns out.  Not too shabby for a single carb eh? 

edit:  Shit I just noticed how close I was on my estimate!  Whoop whoop!!

451640[/snapback]

82 hp 44 ftlbs tq, jetting with 205 mains and a 70 pilot.

Okay 62HP and 35 ft lbs.

You hit it closer than just about anyone else I think. Enjoy that fork. <_<

Welp...Just got back from the dyno and I'm just a tad disappointed.  Not in the HP though.  Like I said I just wanted to pull at least 60.  I ended up pulling 61.2 HP w/ 35.8 ft lbs but...I was having major issues with my clutch slipping so I actually made more than that.  Dunno how much exactly but the dyno read in the low 60 range on several passes as the curve came back down (graph would go blank as the clutch spun).  So uh...apparently a Dirt Digger clutch w/ 3 HD springs ain't gonna cut it.  Oh well, back into the engine.

Oh and I ended up w/ a 68 pilot and 195 main, CGK needle on the 3rd position, air screw 2.5 turns out.  Not too shabby for a single carb eh? 

edit:  Shit I just noticed how close I was on my estimate!  Whoop whoop!!

451640[/snapback]

hmmmmm..........something went wrong someplace..........if your happy with that than cool.........but i think you should of pulled more HP in my opinion............before i put a 4mm stroker longrod in my bike ..........i was putting out just about the same.....whether you pull low or high HP, you still own a 2 stroke and that is all that counts...........(and you also live by the best riding Place in the world........and that is Glamis) :headbang:

Like I was saying, that 61.2 was on the downswing of the graph, not at the peak. Because the clutch was slipping the reading stopped halfway into the powerband and then popped back on after the peak. I'd guess that if the clutch had held I'd have made 65 easy, and prolly closer to 67 or so.

first off shit can those needles try a eek with a single carb

he put a huge pilot in cause your needles are lean

did you try raise your needle and loweringyour main to see how it reacted.

also when you replace your clutch put a pancake bearing on it so you dont weld the rod and ball together.

when i started dynoing my bike i got 65hp with rockets after some serious needle changes and what not i got it to it up to 75 with rockets.

it really depends on your air fuel chart. if you got a copy i would love to see it.

wes

its common for peeps to thin k cause they have a 4mil stroker they wil l see much higher gains in hp over a 350 but as banchetta said its for better torque.walllrat the single carb is fuckin you ,that motor wants cfm and your starving it IMO ,id get dual 35mm keihins /19cc domes,and a better clutch setup with all 6 HD springs

This is the stock carbs vs the 35's on my stroker. Notice the torque before the powerband and after.....this was when I was running 158psi w/ the stock head rechambered. I've changed my compression to 185psi and the richer needles (DEJ) made a huge difference. I have some EEJ needles that I haven't tried yet...I'll rerun my shee on the dyno after the new year....oh ya, the pyramid valves are the BALLS!!!!

Edited by Banchetta

I'll see about posting up the graph. I've got a scanner but have never used it before. I know I'm losing power with the single carb, but its not like I need it at this point. I don't drag, and if I do race I don't really care what the outcome is. Besides I'm pushing all this on a stock swingarm in sand...front end is feeling mighty light already. I had dual 35's on there prior to this little experiment. I made the 2:1 manifold and used 1 of the pwk carbs so cost to me was $0. I figure I'll try this for a bit and see what I think. If I want more power, I'll go back to duals.

Oh and I didn't have a sniffer on this dyno so no fuel/air graph.

Edited by Wallrat