New Riding Boots Break-In help

Kama

Hey guys, I am just now getting back into riding again and I bought me a new pair of boots. They are the A.R.C. Cordona atv boots which are leather and sythetic leather. What is the best way to break them in fast? I dont get to ride that often and its winter so wearing them in the yard to work in is out of the question. So I need something to speed up the breakin process. I got a banshee that is crying for me to tear up some dirt. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance,

Greg

Guest nightmare

I wore mine around the house. Like when I was running the vacume cleaner and stuff like that. Ha ha I know you are all gonna get me for that. But I have 2 kids and the old lady works too. I kinda have to help out, cause if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

I wore mine around the house. Like when I was running the vacume cleaner and stuff like that. Ha ha I know you are all gonna get me for that. But I have 2 kids and the old lady works too. I kinda have to help out, cause if momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

448397[/snapback]

LOL, nothing wrong with that!!! Same rule applies at my house too :D

Get 'em wet and park your truck on top of em...

.. I had fox trackers for 2 years and they didn't soften up a bit.. I burned them...

Mike

448797[/snapback]

:lol: those boots really do suck ass. I've never heard of the truck idea. Did it really work? I wore my boots around the house/garage for a while with little to show for it. So I researched about it online. I read that you should coat them with shoe polish/wax and put them in a black garbage to sit outside in the sun. But now that it's winter, theres not too many people in the US that can do that right now. I tried it, and it seemed to help quite a bit.

:lol: those boots really do suck ass. I've never heard of the truck idea. Did it really work? I wore my boots around the house/garage for a while with little to show for it. So I researched about it online. I read that you should coat them with shoe polish/wax and put them in a black garbage to sit outside in the sun. But now that it's winter, theres not too many people in the US that can do that right now. I tried it, and it seemed to help quite a bit.

448938[/snapback]

Well I took two routes and they seem to have worked pretty well so far. I like the look and feel of the boots and they do grip on the stock pegs very well. I've just worn them around a bit and it rained so I think that helped a bit too. I took them to a boot and saddle shop and had some mods done to them (the two bottom straps slipped so I had them stitched in place). They are very comfortable and I like them alot. I've had two dif pairs, the ARC Corona's (said it wrong in original post) and a pair of AlpineStar's and so far I'm likeing the ARC's alot better. The AlpineStar's have WAY to much plastic on them which makes it INCREDIBLY hard to break them in so I got rid of them. But thanks for all the help guys.

I'll try to get some photo's of muh shee up so you guys can see what I got. I've had the worst luck ever with this thing ever since I got it so I'm proud to have it going in full force again.

Well I took two routes and they seem to have worked pretty well so far. I like the look and feel of the boots and they do grip on the stock pegs very well. I've just worn them around a bit and it rained so I think that helped a bit too. I took them to a boot and saddle shop and had some mods done to them (the two bottom straps slipped so I had them stitched in place). They are very comfortable and I like them alot. I've had two dif pairs, the ARC Corona's (said it wrong in original post) and a pair of AlpineStar's and so far I'm likeing the ARC's alot better. The AlpineStar's have WAY to much plastic on them which makes it INCREDIBLY hard to break them in so I got rid of them. But thanks for all the help guys.

I'll try to get some photo's of muh shee up so you guys can see what I got. I've had the worst luck ever with this thing ever since I got it so I'm proud to have it going in full force again.

448970[/snapback]

That's the first I've EVER heard anybody ditching a pair of alpinestars for some arc's... were they the vectors or something?..... I wouldn't trade my tech8's for anything... well maybe a pair of Sidi's but that's a whole nother ball game..

Mike