blasters

scooter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are an awsome quad for a kid. Not to mention they have potential to be modded as the kid improves. As far as the price goes that's going to vary conciderably based on condition and location. I'd just look around in you local classified ads and stuff. They are a very common bike, I'm sure you won't have a problem locating one for a reasonable price.

thanks for the fast replys. ice man hes 13 about 115lbs hes been riding for a long time this would be his 4th quad im looking at a 03 with pipes nerfs and some other small mods comes with paddles too i cant find out how much he wants for it till tommarrow hes at a xmas parts tonight i was at the yamaha dealer today looking at a new one and the owner gave me this guys number he has two the same hes selling cause his kids have out grown them one was there and it looked pretty clean oh yeah its has a 240 kit on it also dealer said he installed it for him last summmer and has low hrs on it

We have one as well. Bought it new in 01? (I think) Good bike. It was my oldest sons for a bit till he moved into a Banshee, than my youngest sons' until he moved into a shee. Now it is just sitting. I put a Toomey pipe and filter and oil injector block off on it as well as a V-Force II and it ran pretty good. That Blaster you're looking at with a 240 kidt should go pretty good. Just a bit of advise, My youngest guy was 12 and 80 pounds with rocks in his pockets when I moved him up to a Shee. You may want to think about just skipping the Blaster, being that he knows how to ride and is a good sized kid, and moving him into a Banshee. He's probably gonna wind up there in a year or two anyway.

thanks for the fast replys. ice man hes 13 about 115lbs hes been riding for a long time this would be his 4th quad im looking at a 03 with pipes nerfs and some other small mods comes with paddles too i cant find out how much he wants for it till tommarrow hes at a xmas parts tonight i was at the yamaha dealer today looking at a new one and the owner gave me this guys number he has two the same hes selling cause his kids have out grown them one was there and it looked pretty clean oh yeah its has a 240 kit on it also dealer said he installed it for him last summmer and has low hrs on it

444707[/snapback]

that would be a great setup for him. hell probably get a good 4 or 5 years out of it. id say do it if its in your price range.

• 1 year later...

Glad I found this thread, Im actually going to look at one tomorrow for my daughter, and wanted some opinions also...

:biggrin:

Oh, ok do the stock oil injectors normally have issues? :ermm:

thanks

good to know..

on another note, I tried to click on your video? to watch you race, but it didnt work? do I have to be a member of something to see it?

*EDIT* nevermind, lol I found it, and WOW that looks like a rippin good time!! I WANT TO GO TO THE DUNES!!!

Have a few friends here that go every year....maybe next year we can go with them...

COOL video!!

Edited by Blonda Onda Banshee

Well now you have me freaked out LOL, I dont want her having to much power....are they THAT fast?

200cc right? but still a 2 stroke, so some guts there for sure....Geez, maybe it might be a little to hot for her then? :ermm:

ive messed with a few blasters in my day. my friend rick has one, the neighbors have 2.

im going to get some shit from you guys for saying this.

they seem like decent enough but they really lack on the features of a more modern quad. the ones i messed with didnt even have disc brakes. they had cable pulled drums. the bottom end of the engines awalys sounded loud, like a knocking noise. maybe thats normal but i didnt like it.

i think the blaster does not come with a multilink rear end either.

i just get the impression that the blaster is unrefined. and not in a stripped down racing way. more like a old beater chevy type of unrefined.

i know they have disc barke coversions, and oil injection blockoff kits, and suspension kits, and a whole host of other parts to modernise the blaster and make it a worthy machine, but why bother when you can grab a 4 stroke raptor 350 thats got everything you need right out of the box.

personally i think a raptor 350 would be a better choice. its more money but overall nicer.

if youre a die hard yamaha 2 stroker but not ready for a banshee. then a blaster is the only way to go. but take a look at the raptor 350.

Thanks so much, I totally appreciate your honesty!! The guy on the phone did mention something about the brakes being stuck? but said he would come down on the price to reflect that...

I dont want something I have to mess with to much, and I will heed the warning... :thanks:

i bought a blaster for my wife. it's her first quad ever. she picked it up pretty quick and rides very well. the first thing i'm going to do is swap over a banshee front disc brake setup. the drums are okay, but i like the discs AND once i do that the front and rear bolt patterns will match my shee so i'll only need 1 set of backup tires.

I wouldn't hesitate to get one. There are a lot of hop up parts for them. I think the banshee swinger and a-arms can be made to fit them. There are stroker kits for them and the best of all the bottom end of these engines are almost the same as Yamaha's DT200 or WR200 depending if it were in the States or Canada, and guess what, the Liquid cooled YPVS topend will bolt on to the Blaster bottem of course the electrical would be needed along with the water pump and radiator but there is plenty of info on how to do it. :thumbsup:

Over all these machines can really be woken up and modernized just as well as the almighty Shee !

Mike