Best Drag Pipes

420_Big_Bore

shearers favor higher exhaust port timings around 200+ ,cpi pipes like slighlty less ,this is why cpi may make better bottom end torque ,because theyre designed for specific applications ,where as a shearer is better suited for full drag port jobs .my .02 :)

Maybe I can help(on PS:350RDZ).I was using shearer inframes.At a race in Louisiana I got beat by a banshee that had Toomey T-5's.Upset?Yeah,a little.It's SOOOOO  much more than just about pipes.It is important to talk to whoever done your motor to see what they suggest.If they have done alot of motors,surely they have experimented with different pipes.Whether it's shearer,grr,cpi,or whatever you use,there's more to winning races than just a set of pipes.I'm trying the CPI's because I found a good deal on them and the guy that's going to be doing a drag porting on my banshee really likes them.Might some pipes outperform others?Sure,but compare that maybe 5 extra hp. to having a bike set-up right for a track and that extra 5 hp will seem useless very quickly.Talk to who done your motorwork and see what they suggest.There's my 2 cents or is that a whole dollar?LOL!

441345[/snapback]

BINGO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:headbang:

grand river pipes are a copy of cpi, RDZ and A&S pipes are the same,  and by far the best small bore pipe that money can buy    :headbang:

451821[/snapback]

YOUR AN ASS, GRR PIPES ARE NOTHING LIKE CPI, I VE RAN BOTH BEFORE EITHER WERE POPULAR, 2 TOTTALLY DIFFERENT PIPES.

If you want the best drag pipe for YOUR bike, just call Matt Shearer and have him custom build for YOUR motors specs. It works best that way and you'll save yourself a ton of guess work and opinions will be worthless....Jim