raptor axel on a banshee

blazinlow

I have first hands experience on the axle and shocks. The axle is 2 in. narrower, but you can turn your wheels over and get some of that back. It fits fine in the housing. As for the YFZ shocks. They have to be on the lowest compression settings, and you have to grind the upper mounds and you have to grind the a-arms. If you want full detail, I can send you pictures and instructions.

• 1 month later...
I have first hands experience on the axle and shocks.  The axle is 2 in. narrower, but you can turn your wheels over and get some of that back.  It fits fine in the housing.  As for the YFZ shocks.  They have to be on the lowest compression settings, and you have to grind the upper mounds and you have to grind the a-arms.  If you want full detail, I can send you pictures and instructions.

441142[/snapback]

Along with this on my 87 I had to remove some material from the aluminum bearing housing on the bottoms of the shocks to clear the a arm mount. Had to just grind from the end because the bolt holes were to close to the a arm and the shock was to thick to clear it. It helped alot I couldnt believe the difference, but my banshee shocks were shot anyway.

even like a 05 raptor becasue i went over a friends house who has the parts bike and a raptor has a huge carrier and it looks a lil wider too i know im just gettin the axel but has anyone put that new of a axel in a banshee carrier???? just want to know before i take the time to take all this apart