4mm Cub

odaen

My internet connection was flakey this morning, and I wanted to write more.

I put a couple of heat cycles on my new 4mm cub yesterday, and I just gotta say I'm impressed. The shearers sound like a T5, only deeper and quite a bit louder. I didn't let it rev out at all, but when that motor got on the pipe, it didn't matter what gear you were in, the result was the same, the front wheels came right up in a hurry. I'm not one for wheelies, but I had to have ridden a 4th gear wheelie for 50 yards going up a hill.

My stock cylinder 4mm was no slouch. When I first put it together, I dyno'd it at 76HP. Put some different carbs on it, and race gas domes before I tore it down, so it had to be about 81HP or so. This cub motor pulls in 4th like my other pulled in 3rd. I'm very very impressed.

Cameron, if you even read anything on HQ, thanks, buddy. You will be building my next one too.

Unreal! Say if you were to race with you cub setup what gear would you be able to comfortably start in concidering you're tires, swingarm and sprockets on sand?

439402[/snapback]

im sure 2nd..that sounds to be exactly the same as my setup. mines +4, 14/41, 10 paddle 21" reg haulers. i started in 2nd on mine. on the dirt for hillclimbs im runnin usually 15/41 or 42 start in 2nd.

Well, honestly, my bike is setup perfect for my old motor. I'm probably not gonna budge on the +4 arm, so I'll gear it or run different paddles....whatever it takes to ensure I can launch hard in 2nd, yet be able to keep the front controllable to stay in the gas. I just need a few runs on the motor to get an idea.