I finally decided I am getting some cubs

I decided that I am going to quit messing around with my stock cylinders and just buy some cubs. The only place I ride my banshee is the sand dunes. I like to dune around and then hit the hill too. I am a pretty big guy so I think that the 7mm might be a better choice for me. I don't mind spending the extra $$$ to go to the 7mm so thats not the issue here. You guys that are running these setups let me know what the power differences are and the pros and cons of both. Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 7mm will definetly make more torque and power. If your racing on the hill that might be the better choice as that is where the strokers really shine. We have seen alot of trouble with the 4mm Hot Rod cranks and being that you say you are heavier i would opt for the 7mm. You will be very happy. Pm me if you need anything as we have both 4mm and 7mm & (10mm on the way) CUBS on hand !!

This thread progressed as expected. FASTOYS, are you a used car salesman on the side or somethin'?

You just missed out on a sweet 7mm cub deal on planet sand. Guy was selling some for $675 a week ago. You can buy any variety of the cub from about any shop in the nation for the same price, so you might wanna go to a local shop. You can check out the casting that way. I know when I picked up my 4mm cub, I ended up taking the 2nd or 3rd one off the shelf, because the first one was casted very thin on one part of the exhaust flanges.

The 4mm cubs will put out between 90 and 100 HP depending on your setup. If that's not enough, then pony up the $$ for the 7mm or wait for the 10mm's to arrive. The cost difference between a 7mm and a 10mm are pretty minor.

This thread progressed as expected.  FASTOYS, are  you a used car salesman on the side or somethin'?

You just missed out on a sweet 7mm cub deal on planet sand.  Guy was selling some for $675 a week ago.  You can buy any variety of the cub from about any shop in the nation for the same price, so you might wanna go to a local shop.  You can check out the casting that way.  I know when I picked up my 4mm cub, I ended up taking the 2nd or 3rd one off the shelf, because the first one was casted very thin on one part of the exhaust flanges.

The 4mm cubs will put out between 90 and 100 HP depending on your setup.  If that's not enough, then pony up the $$ for the 7mm or wait for the 10mm's to arrive.  The cost difference between a 7mm and a 10mm are pretty minor.

438132[/snapback]

Why the animosity in your post? Jeff's a good guy and I guarantee you he will take care of any casting problems differences and then some. He's a great builder and his feedback so warrants it. He would bend over backwards to satisfy you or anyone else so cut him so slack. No offense Odaen, just don't knock the guy till you deal with him. ;)

Why the animosity in your post? Jeff's a good guy and I guarantee you he will take care of any casting problems differences and then some. He's a great builder and his feedback so warrants it. He would bend over backwards to satisfy you or anyone else so cut him so slack. No offense Odaen, just don't knock the guy till you deal with him.  ;)

438175[/snapback]

I wouldn't call it animosity per se. It just gets old sometimes with people asking tech questions that always seem to turn into a sales pitch. MP Racing use to do it quite a bit in some of our local forums, and I felt the same then, not that I equate FAST with MP in any way.

There was a guy on here a week or 2 ago, can't remember, and his clutch was slipping. FAST's response wasn't "have you tried this?", it was PM me, I got new ones in stock.

I'm sure Jeff is a good guy. I don't want to discredit him. But as much self-promotion as he does, agin, it just rubs me the wrong way when it gets out of hand.

I wouldn't call it animosity per se.  It just gets old sometimes with people asking tech questions that always seem to turn into a sales pitch.  MP Racing use to do it quite a bit in some of our local forums, and I felt the same then, not that I equate FAST with MP in any way.

There was a guy on here a week or 2 ago, can't remember, and his clutch was slipping.  FAST's response wasn't "have you tried this?", it was PM me, I got new ones in stock.

I'm sure Jeff is a good guy.  I don't want to discredit him.  But as much self-promotion as he does, agin, it just rubs me the wrong way when it gets out of hand.

438199[/snapback]

My opinion, the guy comes on here asking what size cubs he should get. Who better to talk to than a person that actually builds cub motors. I know I would rather talk to an engine builder than a bunch of people on a forum.

My opinion, the guy comes on here asking what size cubs he should get.  Who better to talk to than a person that actually builds cub motors.  I know I would rather talk to an engine builder than a bunch of people on a forum.

438204[/snapback]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

My opinion, the guy comes on here asking what size cubs he should get.  Who better to talk to than a person that actually builds cub motors.  I know I would rather talk to an engine builder than a bunch of people on a forum.

438204[/snapback]

You weren't here when there was a section named ask a builder or something like that were you? Nothing wrong with qualified feedback or offering to do the work but I have seen some who were slightly more tactful about it. Nothing wrong with drumming up business but if he gets a customer who isn't satisfied it'll be all over the boards.