guess the jetting wasnt as "on" as i thought

kotin6

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

You said it shut down when you were letting off the throttle. It can and has happened that a 2 stoke can sieze up if you are "coasting" it. If your rpms are up and you just let off the throttle and let it coast, its just getting fule from the pilot jet. This is why i personally will not chop the throttle to do a plug check on a 2 stroke. motor still turning fast+ no fuel input= rebuild time!

Edited by latheboy

You said it shut down when you were letting off the throttle.  It can and has happened that a 2 stoke can sieze up if you are "coasting" it.  If your rpms are up and you just let off the throttle and let it coast, its just getting fule from the pilot jet.  This is why i personally will not chop the throttle to do a plug check on a 2 stroke.  motor still turning fast+ no fuel input= rebuild time!

513779[/snapback]

how do you check your jetting then latheboy?and what kind of carbs do you run that fuel can pass a closed slide from a pilot jet?

lets stop guessing at what happened and find out for sure ,your plugs and pistons will usually tell yo u what happened so history doesnt repeat itself.post u p a pic of the pistons and your plugs :cheers:

Edited by rocketboy