LT-R450

Ten years from now, people might talk about the good old days when you could simply change jets.

431721[/snapback]

haha By then we probably will be thinking more about like i remember the good old days when you didn't have to pop a pill to get it up :D

Oh maybe because they have these things called patents.... :shootself:

431762[/snapback]

Yamaha isn't the first to think up a 5 valve cylinder head by far. They would just have you think so. I can't remember which model it was, but Ferrari did it in years past. And they went back to 4 valve per cylinder heads. More smaller holes won't necessarily flow more than a couple bigger holes. Figure out the size of yamahas intake valves, calculate the total area, and do the same for the suzuki, and I bet its not the big of a difference.

but a lot of ppl use a dyno to tune thier carbs for winter, summer, trips to diff areas, ect.

how nice would it be to set it up like you want it then leave it. For the most part most wont ever touch the mapping

431723[/snapback]

they do have something right now that is available for sleds and i am sure it can be used for atv its called holtzman tempa flow it is a device that after you jet a machine the way you want it you install the tempa flow and it will compisate for tempature changes and altatude varations . its pretty sweet not need to rejet just set it and forget it :) as ron po peel would say

At risk of being alienated on the HQ I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. :P

431981[/snapback]

haha whatever then... :D

Me too, specially all those that are in this trick-or-treat candy I'm eating.  :lol:

431984[/snapback]

brad, were u thinkin crabs or carbs??? :huh:

Beercarbs.jpg

I hate all other carbs  :D

Don

yea I wasn't talking about your atv's that's why I said "bike"

That's one of the points I was trying to make is that with EFI you don't have to constantly tune- set it and go.

I could see that you race and might want different power curves at different rpm's but a carb has less tunability.

Plus I'm a computer nerd and my laptop goes every where with me anyways :D

yea I wasn't talking about your atv's that's why I said "bike"

That's one of the points I was trying to make is that with EFI you don't have to constantly tune- set it and go.

I could see that you race and might want different power curves at different rpm's but a carb has less tunability.

Plus I'm a computer nerd and my laptop goes every where with me anyways  :D

432028[/snapback]

My laptop took a shit on me. THATS one major drawback of tuning with a laptop. :angry: