Starting Flat track

slideways

We've started running the local flat track here and have done pretty well. I'm taking the role of "crew chief" for my brother.

What i'm looking for is things that make the quad handle better and i just have a few of a million questions for the future.

Can the rear end gear be changed quickly?

Is there a tach available? What is redline on a shee?

Is there a better clutch system so you can shift mid-corner and not have to reach so far?

How do you read flat track dirt tires exactly? I'm looking to eventually run 4 different sizes to get the right stagger.

We've strapped the suspension and built some adjustablility there but i'd like to know if there are different springs/shocks that work for each end. For the rear i'd like something low but really soft for weight transfer off the corner. The left front i want something very low and soft and the right front i need something stiff (this is beyond the built in adjustments)..

Let me know if you can help.. Money is a big object here so there wont be much high dollar billet stuff i can afford.

Thanks

We've started running the local flat track here and have done pretty well. I'm taking the role of "crew chief" for my brother.

What i'm looking for is things that make the quad handle better and i just have a few of a million questions for the future.

Can the rear end gear be changed quickly?

Is there a tach available? What is redline on a shee?

Is there a better clutch system so you can shift mid-corner and not have to reach so far?

How do you read flat track dirt tires exactly? I'm looking to eventually run 4 different sizes to get the right stagger.

We've strapped the suspension and built some adjustablility there but i'd like to know if there are different springs/shocks that work for each end. For the rear i'd like something low but really soft for weight transfer off the corner. The left front i want something very low and soft and the right front i need something stiff (this is beyond the built in adjustments)..

Let me know if you can help.. Money is a big object here so there wont be much high dollar billet stuff i can afford.

Thanks

431146[/snapback]

Where do you guys race at? I will help you try to answer some of your questions. Both sprockets are pretty easy to change, you will need to get a few front and rear sprockets like a 13-16 and 39-42 will cover everything. I have never had any luck with running stagger in my tires, the banshee is not heavy enough to really get an advantage from it like a micro or sprint car. I have never liked to strap my banshee down I use my shocks to adjust the hight of the bike, I have couple of sets of shocks and it depends on how the track is on my shock choice. I have a afco rear shock with a no-link -3.5 lonestar swing-arm, the shock is compression adjustable for weight transfer . The dura-blue sway-bar works great and it is a must. Hope I answered your questions if not let me know how I can help you.

im thinkin bout starting, wonderin if i have enough power to compete with the other hardcore racers, im goin to race in the amateur quads, my engine mods are in my sig, also, do i need to get some number plates and is a swaybar a must if im just going to try it out once or twice to see if i like it

I have a flat track banshee for sale. :D

There are some cheap way to do it for am class. such as john deere gator rear shocks on the front. It is a lot of trial and error if you try to do it cheap.

AFCO's are the best shocks, swingarm length depends on your weight, tires depend on the track etc. Give us a little more specifics and we can help you out.

• 2 weeks later...