Good Quad For My Girlfriend...

Stinger

Since I haven't been around too many quads besides Banshee's, I'm looking for your opinions.

My GF is new to quads (as in, she's only rode mine twice, with me on it) and she's definately a "girly girl" rider...she is no adreneline junky. She is interested in getting into quads though, it's just that my Shee is WAY to fast and scares her when she gives it more throttle than she means to.

I'd like to pick up a quad for her that is durable, 4 stroke, and has enough power to be able to drag her around at the dunes and such if need be. No racer, I don't want to buy a total dog either though...An auto trans (Polaris style) would be a plus, though it's not a must.

I'm looking to spend 2k or less...I can't let her have a more expensive quad than me.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I just picked up my girlfriend a 300ex $1200. She loves it and is a "Girly Girl," pink helmet and all! She had to get used to the shifting but she has picked it up pretty well...maybe a little too much power for her first bike but she will get used to it. We looked at the polaris (auto) but she said, "whats the fun in just getting on a bike and pushing a button!" Go figure...Good luck

:cheers:

For your budget I say 400ex you can find them cheep, but I would try for a Z400 because it has reverse. So you won't have to turn her around when she gets stuck.

That the only complaint my woman has with the shee is no reverse, only because she doesn't like to muscle it around in tight trails. So the reverse will save you having to dismount to turn her around.

And the z400 will be more fun for you to play on when she isn

I started my finace off on a Polaris Trailboss 300. It was an automatic but was a two stroke so it actually did pretty well. After she learned to ride she moved up to a YFZ 450.

I think if she has never ridden before a Polaris is a great way to start. Not having to worry about shifting if very nice when you are trying to learn to ride. Plus you can pick up an old one for nothing.

In that price range, dont count out the old Honda 250x. I have talked this quad up before in similar threads. They are great handling, comfortable, good styling and bullet proof. It was the first Quad I ever rode, both my brothers rode the piss out of it, all three of our wives learned to ride on it and every time we go to the dunes it still comes and gets ridden every trip by just about everyone at one point or another. I cant say enough good about the bike. Grab a cycle trader as well as ebay. They are our there, dont be afraid of scarred plastic maier makes full kits for it.

Heres a pic of the old girl with the other members of my Dads collection (Check out the Honda FATCAT!!! That thing is a classic!). Still running strong.

RJV

Edited by rjvoight