SHOCK REBUILDS, WHAT ARE YOUROPINIONS ON TCS, PEP,

brilei5

This winter I want to get my shocks revalved. I have Works triples with res in the front that are about 4 years old and the stock rear (1998). I ride ALOT of cross country and hare scramble type stuff and every once in a while I hit a Motocross track. I don' t have any real problems with my suspension but I Know it needs updating I just lost some weight and I am now running a Quicksand -1 swing arm. I would say I am a hard core recreational rider and I pretty smooth. What I would like input on is WHO do you guys like AND should i just freshen up my stuff and valve it for my new circumstances or have it converted to ZPS style or what. Any opinion will be appreciated.

I had mine done by TCS...the price wasn't to bad...The put on new rezzies (that are HUGE) lines and redid the insides of the shocks. They work sweet...sit low but don't bottom out either. I would say give them a call...They are very nice people, talked to me for a while about what I wanted for sure before I sent them off. Pretty good turn around time as well. :cheers: Gluck

id go for the elka shock.......and sell the stocker to someone whos not as serious a rider, unless you want a plush shock for the pits, then rebuild the stocker, a shock thats going to soak up hits at 70 mph is not going to feel like the Works shocks you have up front, it wont be soft or plush but the faster you go the better it will feel, but will feel stiff hitting shit at low speeds, and the plusher rebuild will feel great at lower speeds but will pitch you off the bike at high speeds, i havent found a great all around shock yet............

id go for the elka shock.......and sell the stocker to someone whos not as serious a rider, unless you want a plush shock for the pits, then rebuild the stocker, a shock thats going to soak up hits at 70 mph is not going to feel like the Works shocks you have up front, it wont be soft or plush but the faster you go the better it will feel, but will feel stiff hitting shit at low speeds, and the plusher rebuild will feel great at lower speeds but will pitch you off the bike at high speeds, i havent found a great all around shock yet............

426754[/snapback]

You could just quit being a pussy :shrugani: ....

Mike

The Elka Elites I have are the all around shock. I have them dialed to be plush while going slow, and absorb the larger hits while riding hard, or jumping.

These are on my VForce, if they suspend that pig well, the Banshee will be not problem.

I hear some others are coming out with low/high compression adjustments, but those are the only ones I know are out.

Thanks for the responses. I Figered TCS would get the nod. I will give this guy Shane a call. The phone number looks like Indiana which is where I am. Sometimes these little guys can do great work for better prices i.e. Quicksand and MP Racing. If he rubs me wrong I will go TCS.

If you have the dough get some new elkas or Axis and if not I would say send the 3 shocks into works to get them all redone. TCS sucks in my book, I was going with the advise on this forum but I called for like 2 week and never once got a answer or a call back.

:cheers: