94.7 The Zone petition

radio stations do that all the time.  soon it will turn to spanish.

my advice  get xm.  yeah it costs  money but you wil never listen to reg radio again.

424452[/snapback]

Exactly.

Sad to say it, but listeners are only a small part of a radio station. They're not really in business for the music. Only in part. Demographics plays a huge part in it. The music draws in the crowds for the commercials. Advertising pays the bills with radio, so if the advertisers aren't making the return on investment through their advertising dollars, the radio stations can't charge as much for a 30 second spot, or the advertisers just don't invest the money. Then the radio station has to change formats, etc.

The petition might do something, but if the advertising revenue isn't coming in, the radio station won't be coming back.

I live around chitown and was surprised when they pulled that. Got to thinking though, they dont have any oldies stations its a big untapped market unlike the saturation with other rock stations.

Oh and Q101 on shuffle? My ass I've heard the same song 7-8 times throughout a day.

The Boneyard or is that on XM?

Maxim Radio on 108 is always good.  Some funny shit on the talk show.

Theres a couple good ones on sirius heard some songs I'd never hear on regular radio.

425809[/snapback]

Ya got that right.....Boneyard is XM.

As far as Sirius goes.....Don't have the channel list in front of me, but in the 20's is all the rock stations. I think. :confused: Fuuckers changed the stations a few weeks ago and I can't remember which channel is which... :shootself: Dumbass I am. :lol:

Octane kicks ass!! Maxim good too... :headbang:

On Sirius theres a couple good stations.

20 is Octane,they play pure hard rock.

21 is Alt Nation,they play alternative rock

28 is Faction,they play a mix of punk,hip-hop and hard rock

27 is Hard Attack,they play hard metal.

then the only other channel i listen to is the Raw Dog comedy channel,#104