got 4-stroke fever

racer

How many of you have actually ridden a 450? It's a LOT of bike, if he's a beginner (assuming here) with dirtbikes, and plans on riding MX, or trails, I'm willing to bet he'd prefer the 250f.

423773[/snapback]

I agree, but if you're not a beginner go with the 450. Like everyone else said though, get the yzf if you have to go 250.

P.S. If you happen to go to a motocross track on a practice day, look around. When unloading in the pit area all you will see is 4 strokes around you, but when you get on the track it's always the 2 strokes out there. I have noticed that it always seems that the 4 strokes break down A LOT more then the 2 strokes. Just something to think about.

500 cc 2 stroke dirt bike all day baby. you think a 450 4 stroke is alot of bike you haven't seen shit.

423814[/snapback]

I was out at the dunes once with a guy that had a K&T ported CR500. Motherflower hauled some serious ass. There was no way in hell I was going to swing a leg over that. Not only that, but the guy had a hell of a time kick starting it.

?? don't you ride a Honda  :P

423831[/snapback]

a 4 stroke at that.

yes im druink. :D

i worked for a dealer and rod eht ever loving shit out of both 450's and both 250's, red and blue. red's the way to go. the 450's are 600 bones more, but thats not the issue. i want the 250 becasue i only wiegh about 160#, and i dont wanna race the 250 class. 125 is enough for me. im not a beginner rider, but this will be my first ownership of a bike. a CR125 was in question, but the 250f is waaaaay faster, and thats the class im after. not to mention the 250's got a new dual muffler system this year (resembles a banshee hmmmmmmm) and its fuh-king loud.

Stan ill try to get you some numbers, but they arent the point. ive have ridden at least 2 dozen crf250's and they are PLENTY for me. according to my seatof the pants/shit in pants dyno graphs.

Man I knew going to Oklahoma State wasn't going to teach you anything. Better keep the shee and transfer to O.U. in the spring.  :lol:

423844[/snapback]

haha, ya. well ya know, living 7 miles from cooperland and 14 from area 51 had an affect. :shrugani:

haha, ya. well ya know, living 7 miles from cooperland and 14 from area 51 had an affect. :shrugani:

423846[/snapback]

I've never been to area 51 but I'm gonna be hittin up cooperland at the end of this month...... The '06 250f looks pretty slick with the dual exhaust.... My buddie has a crf450 and he weighs a buck fiddy soaking wet. I wouldn't let the racing class make your decision for you seein as how you're in college(how you got in is beyond me :shrugani: )... It takes major cheddar to race.... I say opt for the 450 and it your last bike to ever buy.

Mike