just rebuilt and still not starting

sycoracer911

ok i just rebuilt the damn banshee and it still wont start.... this god damn thing is giving me more problems than its friggin worth.... im ready to push it off a friggin cliff... anyway i just did a spark test... and it was pritty bright out but getting dark.... and i couldnt see a spark if i did its faint.... what could cause this?.... should i be able to see a spark even if its sunny out? help me out guys

I have a buddy that just re-built his and we kinda had the same kinda problem. We checked spark on mine to see how hard it was to see a good spark and we noticed you should be able to hear the arc. So if there is no "tic" sound you may not have any spark. In his case, he just had a loose ground wire. Previous owner eliminated the key and had to dump a ground wire to the frame. So I guess you could start by double checking all your wire connections. I know this sounds elementry but it got us ;)

RIPPEN

ok i just rebuilt the damn banshee and it still wont start.... this god damn thing is giving me more problems than its friggin worth.... im ready to push it off a friggin cliff... anyway i just did a spark test... and it was pritty bright out but getting dark.... and i couldnt see a spark if i did its faint.... what could cause this?.... should i be able to see a spark even if its sunny out? help me out guys

415524[/snapback]

There is a little black box above your left exhaust pipe w/ a 3-wire plug on it. Disconnect it, that'll eliminate the tors brain. then disconnect the safety switch on the handlebars by the clutch by following it towards the gas tank, find the connection and disconnect it...I'd start there first.

There is a little black box above your left exhaust pipe w/ a 3-wire plug on it. Disconnect it, that'll eliminate the tors brain. then disconnect the safety switch on the handlebars by the clutch by following it towards the gas tank, find the connection and disconnect it...I'd start there first.

415544[/snapback]

that little black box is removed on my banshee.... the safty switch is also removed...

i dont under stand becuase before i switched frames it ran

man i really hate to hear you are still havin problems i sold you those pipes like 2 months ago or even longer. i would have to agree with everyone else when they say it is your ignition but whether or not it is your stator,cdi, or coild i am not sure.

is there anyone you know that would let you switch some parts out so you don't have to buy everything?

no but i really wish there was... no one around here has one..... this is a long shot... but does anyone out there have a spare one of these.. on a bike they dont use... ormaybe all 3 of these parts.... and i cang ive my word youll either get money for the part or recieve all parts back... im not here to scam anyone im just getting sick of having a broke banshee... so if anyone is selling the parts or something has an extra and would consider let me use it and then either buying it or sending it back let me know...

CDI , that fixed me up in that same situation, try it if u can get one for cheap. Even if its not the problem, they r good to have around..

In my situation, i just fnished my full rebuild of the bike, ran it for a couple hours, go to start it in a trail and nothing, no spark. Replaced my cdi with an old ass one that worked and i havent had a prob since. Test your Stator with an Ohmeter and check the readings . Search for a post on this, youll find the right readings to compare, good luck man...

Edited by 87sheerips