its finally gonna happen

Thor.230

well, after a couple a years a waitin im finally in a position to start buildin my dream quad (and im in okinawa with 22000 acres of jungle to ride in :headbang:

well anyways after i get back from leave in Dec. im gettin the quad and goin to town on her but i want some advice to stop some of the problems im bound to run into before they happen

for the motor im goin with the ESR 409 PV cylinders (and crank,exhaust, and air intake)

but what should i do for the bottom end. im gettin the complete hinson clutch, but i keep hearin talk of shift mods (aint ot sure what sure what this is, will it help for MX, XC type ridin or is it just a drag thing)

for chassis componets i want gibson long travel a-arms and swingarm (anyone reccomend somthin else, any good/bad experiances) how is handling with these. where should i gusset the frame (im way more concerned with reliabliity than weight savings the terrain is pretty rough out here) are the gibson parts pretty rugged or is there somthin tougher.

does toomey still make their high capacity radiator? i couldnt find it on their site.

thanks for the help (god i cant wait, i get warm and fuzzy just thinkin bout it)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

money is and isnt an option, it is to the point im not gonna just buy a part cause its more expensive but i dont mind spendin extra if the parts are gonna last longer

407796[/snapback]

Lobo's cost more than anything and they're not proven to last and be any more durable than any of the other known products on the market. Personally I would buy Lonestar, Quicksand, Gibson or Jannsen. Find whoever has the best price and buy them. For radiators, Cascade makes the nicest one I've seen for the price.

I would go with a cheetah or a cub they both have a better port layout to start and they are niklesiled so the will last longer. The esr cylinders are just the la sleeves with powervalves and a billet head.. I ran the same setup with out pv and was not impressed. I'm running a 485 cheetah now and it has lot more power. Just my two cents.

Lobo's cost more than anything and they're not proven to last and be any more durable than any of the other known products on the market. Personally I would buy Lonestar, Quicksand, Gibson or Jannsen. Find whoever has the best price and buy them. For radiators, Cascade makes the nicest one I've seen for the price.

407833[/snapback]

how is roll design not a proven company?

He's talking about their Lobo arms, not the overall company...unless I misread his post. :shrugani:

407904[/snapback]

even that how are the a-arms and swingarms not proven. I was just thinking though thor.230. sanddragon motorsports has a sweet package with the swingarm, a-arms, shocks, galfer brake kit, axle for about 2500. that is prolly something to look into

its gonna be used for more mx/xc type ridin. i was thinkin bout the outlaw chassis but i was hopin to save a few grand by sticking with the stock frame (but now that the idea planted in my head, outlaw all the way :headbang: probably outlaw all the way :) i keep gettin mixed review on the cheetahs (or rather trinity) i keep hearin avoid trinity, any one have the 400 or 421 pv cheetah cylinders? i do like the idea of the cylinders bein coated bein coated

thanks