leak down test

banshee x

YES !!!! 6lbs for 6 minutes ! :headbang:

i bought the following items from true value : 1 aceletiline gauge read 1psi to 30 psi $8.99- 2- 1 1\4" pvc male inserts w/ female 1\2" npt threaded inserts $.58 cents each 1- 1\2" npt to 1\8" npt bushing(metal) $2.98 1- 1/8" npt with valve stem $1.98 2- fernco rubber boots 1 1/2" both sides $3.98 each 2-1 1/2 inch pvc plugs $.65 each 1-6" piece of 3/4 pvc and a 90 degree elbow with a 3/4 slip to make accesing the gauge easyier abot $1.00 total (you will need pvc primer and cement to put this stuff together & thread sealant) i used an air compressor with a regulator on it set the regulator to 20 psi and filled the engine to 6psi attached is a picture total it cost about $23.00 with tax attached is a picture tighten the 2 1 1/4 pvc adapters to you intake manifold mine is for 35 mm carbs(yours maybe different take on of your manifold to the hardware store and make sure it fits and the attach the fernco rubber boot to the exhuast outlets make sure everything is tight,after you install spray the pieces you installed and make sure they're not leaking mine had to re-tightened hope this helps

Edited by banshee x

You can get a squeeze bulb from a hospital/home medical supply store (blood pressure bulb). They run in price range from $15-20 usually for a bulb. Otherwise you'll spend $25-30 to buy those parts and visit 3 different stores. I typically charge $40 for a 250r kit, $50 for banshee, all brand new parts.