Top End Rebuild

Kinda depends what ya already got; air filter? pipes? Porting will probably get you the most bang for the buck but won't do too much good on stock pipes...

If you haven't already you can do some cheap/free mods like shave the head, advance the timing, port the reed cages, lighten the flywheel, polish the exhaust port, clean up the casting flaws on the intake, dial in the jetting, and remove dead weight. Don't forget gearing and traction, like having a worn clutch it doesn't matter if you got a hundred horses if they don't get to the ground. BTW you in Texas? I need to hit Kermit when I get mine back together B)

Kinda depends what ya already got; air filter? pipes?  Porting will probably get you the most bang for the buck but won't do too much good on stock pipes...

If you haven't already you can do some cheap/free mods like shave the head, advance the timing, port the reed cages, lighten the flywheel, polish the exhaust port, clean up the casting flaws on the intake, dial in the jetting, and remove dead weight.  Don't forget gearing and traction, like having a worn clutch it doesn't matter if you got a hundred horses if they don't get to the ground.  BTW you in Texas?  I need to hit Kermit when I get mine back together  B)

403967[/snapback]

Ya man, Im in Midland now. Just pm when you wanna hit Kermit up and we can meet or somthing.Thanks everyone. N e one know the website's to Vito's and Cheetah's.

i would stay away form vitos stuff...if you want pistons just go with regular wisecos...cheetah cubs are great cylinders but not exactly cheap. prolly gonna be around 1200 for the whole setup...if u wanna go fast for cheap you need to get a eric gorr woods port. its about 250 bucks and it fuckin rips...

i would stay away form vitos stuff...if you want pistons just go with regular wisecos...cheetah cubs are great cylinders but not exactly cheap. prolly gonna be around 1200 for the whole setup...if u wanna go fast for cheap you need to get a eric gorr woods port. its about 250 bucks and it fuckin rips...

403999[/snapback]

Ya...never heard of Vito's. And Cheetah's are just a lil<---------------------->ok a lot out of my range. Ill check into the wiseco stuff.And were can i get some info on eric goor woods ?

Ya...never heard of Vito's. And Cheetah's are just a lil<---------------------->ok a lot out of my range. Ill check into the wiseco stuff.And were can i get some info on eric goor woods ?

404015[/snapback]

www.eric-gorr.com

get his phone number and call him. he will answer the phone and tell him you are interested in the woods port for the banshee...i dont think theres anything on his site about banshees tho...so just call..

• 1 month later...

Its time for a top-end for my banshee... Its a 1999 and it had a top-end already. I have Toomey T6's... and i love them... but now i wish i went with t5's becaus i was thinking of doing some porting. What do you guys think i should do?

Also how do you know if the bottom end is bad??? the shee still runs.. but is very slow... basically like no powerband... its got like a year on this top-end.