Gun Question

I "kinda" have a MAK. It may or mau not have been stolen. I love(d) that gun. More fun than the AR.

Stopped making in 59? What have the Russians been using to this day?

Isn't a "machine gun" considered like a 50cal type big gun? Full auto rifles were legal not too long ago. Even here in CA

The State of California contains chemicals known to the State of California to blah blah blah

They're kinda big on protecting you from yourselves aren't they? :shrugani:

402140[/snapback]

HAHA thats funny. California would suck to live in with all the emissions/noise control, rules on everything from prescription drugs to bubble gum. It seemslike its all fucked up there, and to make things better the terminator is running the state :blink:

I "kinda" have a MAK.  It may or mau not have been stolen.  I love(d) that gun.  More fun than the AR.

Stopped making in 59?  What have the Russians been using to this day?

Isn't a "machine gun" considered like a 50cal type big gun?  Full auto rifles were legal not too long ago.  Even here in CA

402261[/snapback]

Russia uses the AK74 now. It fires a smaller .223ish bullet. 1989 banned the importation of foreign "Assult rifles" so real AKs havnt been around since then..hence the MAK90s and other variants.

Technicaly a machine gun is usually an open bolt bolt gun, but as far as the law goes anything that fires more than once with when the trigger (even a double barrel shotgun with 2 hammers and one trigger) is pulled is a machine gun. Machine guns are under the National Firearms Act of 1930sumthin (NFA) which states they have to be registered and a $200 dollar stamp tax be paid along with some other stuff. In 1986 they banned the manufacuer of new transferable machine guns to civilians. (1969 they did the same with imported machine guns hence the expense of AKs MP5s etc.) So all machineguns registered before 1986 are all thats availible to civilians for the rest of time. That is why they are supremely expensive. So machine guns, silencers, sawed of shotguns, grenade launchers and more can all be owned leagally, (states may have their own ban however) but must be registered in accordance with the NFA rules.

Hope that answeres some questions.

the best way to get shit for your automatic toys in cali that i have found is go tyo arizona and buy parts..i got a mini 14 that i cant take to local shooting ranges because its i'llegal by cali standards..folding stock filed down seer so it is auto now bla bla bla

Russia uses the AK74 now.  It fires a smaller .223ish bullet.  1989 banned the importation of foreign "Assult rifles" so real AKs havnt been around since then..hence the MAK90s and other variants.

Technicaly a machine gun is usually an open bolt bolt gun, but as far as the law goes anything that fires more than once with when the trigger (even a double barrel shotgun with 2 hammers and one trigger) is pulled is a machine gun.  Machine guns are under the National Firearms Act of 1930sumthin (NFA) which states they have to be registered and a $200 dollar stamp tax be paid along with some other stuff.  In 1986  they banned the manufacuer of new transferable machine guns to civilians. (1969 they did the same with imported machine guns hence the expense of AKs MP5s etc.)  So all machineguns registered before 1986 are all thats availible to civilians for the rest of time.  That is why they are supremely expensive.  So machine guns, silencers, sawed of shotguns, grenade launchers and more can all be owned leagally, (states may have their own ban however) but must be registered in accordance with the NFA rules.

Hope that answeres some questions.

402442[/snapback]

the ak-47 uses a 7.62x39 mm bullett and is a fast and powerfull round..the .223 is a nice round but the 7.62 is a bigger bang for the buck it will pierce a 1 inch piece of metal where as my .223 wont go through it but will fuck it up..i have noticed that the 7.62 round loses its accuracy alot faster than the 223 how ever my mini 14 is very accurate at 600 yrds but the 7.62 is only good for 250 to 300 but thats just in my gun..others might have different experiance