Super Tech 2 Stroke Oil

fast87

It's all i've ever ran in my banshee with no problems related to the oil(caught a ring on a transfer port that wasn't chamferred on the edges), it's under 7 bucks a GALLON. and works good for me, i ran out at the dunes and bought some real good stuff for 7 bucks a quart, and didn't notice a difference except a little less smoke(it was "smokeless"), i also run my mix at 32:1, Any input would be great, i'm cheap so this is working good for me, and yes i do care about my banshee, but i care about gas money and my truck even more

~Mark~

yes i do care about my banshee, but i care about gas money and my truck even more

well if yo u care about your money ...youll only run high quality synthetics like Klotz or amsoil, because if yo u continue to run the generic weedeater oil in your bike your gonna fuck it up big time which will cost you 50 times the money you would have saved by buying your garbage oil. :blink: its that important IMO :bolt:just cause it was Sams choice doesnt mean it was a "good" choice.i bet sam walton never had a drag banshee :P knowing him, his quad was probably made in china like all the other crap they sell at wally world :cry:

Edited by rocketboy

You know i hear everyone talking about spending big $ on all this spectra,amsoil,klotz oils, racing gas and there the ones who have to have cylinders bored ,blowing rings and needing top end work I have been running pennzoil 2 cyl marine full syn I get it for 1.00 a quart.I do run yamalube in my cases though because I don't want to change that. Had the 87 banshee for 2 years now and not a problem I mix 8oz for 5gal reg 87 octane pump gas and it runs perfect all the time.I wind it out alot more than most people too I don't like to shift till I have to, Yes I have mods too. pipes, boost,jetted,after market open air,I beat the shit out of it every weekend still no problems. Maybe I am just lucky it had 120 stock pressure when I got it checked it today its the same. whats up with that. I bet I am just as fast as the rest with 10 grand into thier bikes.Not bitching just ,making a point. You shouldn't have to throw good cash away to have fun.Anybody else got an opinion?Tim

If your not racing, or putting the engine under an extreme load for a long period of time and don't mind the smoke, then the stuff your using will be fine. People who aren't "in the know" about two-strokes use the stuff all the time in two-stroke outboards and watercraft. Talk about earning your keep, I doubt I'll ever run the banshee as hard as someone out on the water all day with a jet-ski. Those poor sumbitches hafta work hard to keep movin in the water, and I don't ever see any just blow up causa the oil.

Personally I choose to use Maxima 927, but I've also got over $2000 invested in my motor and don't want something as piddly as oil ruining my motor. If I had a stocker and didn't do anything but trail ride with an occasional friendly drag race, it wouldn't bother me a bit to use cheaper oils.

I know a lot of people that use Castrol 2 cycle oil, yes, the lawn mower shit (even gots a lawn mower on the bottle) and their bikes run just as good and last just as long as anyone elses.

Damn, im gonna get bashed for this.

You know i hear everyone talking about spending big $ on all this spectra,amsoil,klotz oils, racing gas  and there the ones who have to have cylinders bored ,blowing rings and needing top end work I have been running pennzoil 2 cyl marine full syn I get it for 1.00 a quart.I do run yamalube in my cases though because I don't want to change that. Had the 87 banshee for 2 years now and not a problem I mix 8oz for 5gal  reg 87 octane pump gas and it runs perfect all the time.I wind it out alot more than most people too I don't like to shift till I have to, Yes I have mods too. pipes, boost,jetted,after market open air,I beat the shit out of it every weekend still no problems. Maybe I am just lucky it had 120 stock pressure when I got it checked it today its the same. whats up with that. I bet I am just as fast as the rest with 10 grand into thier bikes.Not bitching just ,making a  point. You shouldn't have to throw good cash away to have fun.Anybody else got an opinion?Tim

401854[/snapback]

It sounds like you dont know what your talking about. How is running the best oils in the world going to make you engine blow? Race gas is for motors that have high compression and it also prevents your engine from blowing. You never change your tranny oil :o thats good for your gears. WTF are you talking about thats the only way I ride my banshee WOT everywhere I go. Nobody buys a banshee the pussy foot around on. Dream on man, no way a piped banshee (60% of banshees are) is going to keep up with a banshee with a mild port job :yank: . I run belray H1R synthetic, its like $12 a litter, but its good shit. I would never put cheap shit in my banshee, because you get what you pay for.

One of the biggest problems with the non-synthetic heavy smoke oils is the carbon buildup. Usually the cheap oils leave heavy deposits which cause hot spots in the piston and pre-ignition and exhaust ports. And these deposits are what causes fires in the trails because they become like little pieces of charcoal that can pop out of the pipes.

You can buy very affordable synthetics that will give you excellent performance that don't pollute as much as the cheap stuff.

I run Amsoil at 80:1.

thanks guys for the replies, i only ride logging roads where i'm WOT about 40% of the time, i realize i'm cheap and the oil sucks, so i'm a little more careful when riding, i also haven't heard of someone blowing their engine because of cheap oil, so i'll continue to use it till i get some major engine work done and have a good job, right now my porting is stock, with a few engine mods, if it blows now it's not a huge deal to rebuild it....Thanks for the input it is appreciated :drink

~Mark~

One of the biggest problems with the non-synthetic heavy smoke oils is the carbon buildup. Usually the cheap oils leave heavy deposits which cause hot spots in the piston and pre-ignition and exhaust ports. And these deposits are what causes fires in the trails because they become like little pieces of charcoal that can pop out of the pipes.

You can buy very affordable synthetics that will give you excellent performance that don't pollute as much as the cheap stuff.

I run Amsoil at 80:1.

402051[/snapback]

you are all class Holyman. :notworthy:

i don't see how the hell you guys run 60:1 and especially 80:1 and your bikes still last a long time, i run cheapo oil at 32:1 and it has tons of power, should i start mixing 40:1? i know the quality of the oil will allow it to lubricate more with less oil(if thta makes sense) but damn, 80:1 is barely any oil at all

~Mark~

I use the bottom of the line Amsoil which they claim is for general use BUT it is designed to be mixed at 100-1. The last time I checked Blue Duece {now blew duece} was mixing at 128-1 as I recall. Some of the guys that I've talked to as an Amsoil dealer have told me that they only run the 100-1 oil in their highly modified sleds and quads. In fact one guy {not some kid who makes waaay out claims like "my stock quad can beat quads with 10g's in 'em"} said that he ran this same oil at 200-1 then 300-1 and found no negative effects at teardown at the end of the season. Believe me, if the oil was no good it wouldn't last til the end of the day let alone the end of the season.

I run mine in the heat of summer 90's to the dead of winter -10's with no jetting changes and no negative effects. The piston crown is clean, the compression is good and there are no problems with starting or overheating.

What makes it even better is the oil is CHEAP!

An 8oz bottle will mix 5 gallons at 80-1 and 6 gallons at 100-1. that botte is around $2.50. No measuring,just pour it in the can, add gas, ride. Even at 80-1 I still get a little smoke at startup so you know everything is well coated inside for it to have to burn off excess at startup. once it's warmed up, no smoke at all. Which is nice... it doesn't look like a mosquito fogger going down the trail ;)