Cheetah Cubs?

RNBRAD

Well I've been doing my research and hit some snags. If all these builders could just come to one conclusion would make things so much easier. :lol: Anyway I'm getting the (pretty sure) 4mil with 68mm bore cub. Just can't figure out whether to port it or not. One builder I talked to was adiment and said absolutely do not touch them unless your specifically drag racing and plan on dumping the clutch at 9k :confused: . Another builder laughed at the idea and said I need to look at how rough they are and they said the transfers and exhaust are the same size on all the cubs. This particular builder also said the exhaust port is fine on the 65mm but needs opening up on the 68mm (makes sense to me). 3rd builder I talked to said he compared the cub and stock cylinders both on 4mils. Stock cylinders were his porting and the cubs weren't touched. He said on his dyno the cub made 65hp and the stock cylinders with his porting made 62hp. He said if I wasn't going to port the cubs that their is little to gain above the stock ported cylinder. Of course hp means squat, I'd like to experience the rideability between the two also.

These builders were all big names and one says he's the largest distributor and builder of cheetah cubs on the west coast (wasn't trinity). Anyway didn't want to mention any names cause everyone bias towards different builders. Just currently getting a feel, thought there would be a consensus but guess not. I just thought I would see what you guys have experienced or heard about porting the cubs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clean up is all youll need. my bike fuckin rips. wait till sept and ride my shit, then determine for yourself(if u can wait that long). im very impressed with my a & s clean up and cant imgaine too much more out of these cylinders. if i were only draggin then yea, but the cleanups are workin out great for me...

my bike fuckin rips. wait till sept and ride my shit, then determine for yourself(if u can wait that long).

401462[/snapback]

That's they key right there. It would be better for me to wait and ride yours to make a good decision, if I can, dunno if I can though. If I can make up my mind soon I'll have them by then. Who know but thanks for the insight.

ive read the cubs have like a 195 exhaust or something close to that. dont quote me. i fyou want more power, i know a lot of builders are opening them up.

i sure you can get away with just cleaning the ports up and what not.

really depends on what you want.

the cubs make awesome power anyways it just how much you want.

Why not have it tailored to your needs.Granted they are very impressive write out of the box,but is anything you own not customized before applied?The builders love these cylinders because they don't have to reinvent the wheel as far as porting goes to make them run really strong wherever the power is mostly needed for your application.They basiclly just have to massage them(minimal labour)to optimize the power delivery+output.I'll be giveing a first hand review of one of the so called ( detuned) decked 68/4mill 421cub packages in the next month or so. :dance:

There are people dragging them with a cleanup and others with them fully ported, Id say mid 90's out of a clean up is the way to go, if you want more later on when you have the time pull the cylinder off and have more done to it. new pistons and slap it back together.

Edited by Big Blue

yeah get em cleanedup.  Seen a lot on them getting some extra outta the cubs with a cleanup port.

Talk to Nate McCoy (yeah I"m Bias).  He's the only builder I know thats getting 110hp on gas out of a cub.

401650[/snapback]

yea i talked to nate a few times. hes def a cool guy who takes his time with you. only thing i didnt like about his setups were the fact they dont use a wiseco piston. its some race car designed picton or some shit...might be great but i have no experience with them so i am leary of them...