yfz 450

onz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with HMF on mine running a 170 main,48 pilot, needle stock and it was night and day from a stocker. Power was strong everywhere.
Edited by BBIII

buddy of mine got the FMF

x_4stroke_powerbomb.jpg

pc4_header_atv.jpg

it had a lot more low to mid and added a little on top, and still made the sound requirement to ride at the orv park where the ranger checks everyday (but he is cool about everything- many warning before ticket and lets you finsh riding for a bit before he tells you to leave)

It was a nice pipe- way better quality then the 2 stroke pipes.

• 1 year later...
i got the alba full race on mine and am very impressed with it. it is f'n loud tho!

for the record man i wouldnt dig up old threads like this one, the guys will give you hell for it :thumbsup: but since its here ill say lte duals worked awesome for me. i have a sparks big core and have run an nmotion. all three of theses pipes are awesome and i would recommend any one of those. my buddy has an hmf that is pretty good but i would pull on him everytime with the lte duals...

• 2 weeks later...

Well when I had my YFZ last year I had an HMF pipe on it, it ripped hard from low all the way up to the top, it seemed to like the cam-mod. I did that when I did the pipe, jetting, rev box an air filter.

I would say

1. HMF

2. Sparks

3. Ron Woods

either one of those 3 are really good pipes an you will be happy with any of those.

hows the toomey?

i almost got one when i had the t5's on my shee... i have been wondering how the toomey is also :shrug:

from my experience i would say

1. nmotion 9"

2. sparks big core

3. LTE duals

4. hmf or rossier

now on yfz central a guy did a pipe shootout and the jardine was a top performer. these are all pipes i have experience with and i have had them all on the dyno for tuning, except the sparks BC. the big core hit really strong in the mid to top i think it would be the number 1 if i got it on a dyno. that is what i feel as of now. by the way my setup for all the pipes was... FCI intake, cam mod on exhaust, webbs intake cam, stock stroke and bore, reworked accelerator pump, and thats about it that i can think of.