Elka Rear Rebuild Questions

87blueshee

There is a guy on here named Shane who does rear shock rebuilds. He has mine right now. I am expecting it back any day now so I can't really give a review but he seemed to know what he was talking about, and he does the same rebuild as Elka but for a better price. Check farther down in this forum.. there is a few other topics from and about him.

I just had my rear shock done by Elka. Its freaking amazing, especially with the zps. My fronts have zps and its the only way to go. If youre getting zps fronts, you have to have a zps rear as well.

399312[/snapback]

I believe Shane does the same system, elka internals and eibach springs. ;) Mines costing me 229 with chrome rear spring. ;) Price was awesome!!!

damn brad, my service manager was gonna charge me nearly that for racetech internals/spring!

400073[/snapback]

Hell I called works, it was nearly 350 from them and they didn't know what getting the spring chromed would cost. So I ordered an eibach from Cascade for 89.00, 25.00 for chrome at Ramos plating, Shane's charging me a 110.00 for valving. So there you have it. Add an extra 30 for my shipping and I'm still way ahead.

damn dude. ray jones, the service manager at maxeys, sets up all of their racetech stuff and he said my cost would be like 150ish for vavling and spring. then he was gonna work with me on labor, cause i can do some of it myself. one day i may go back and do it. who knows.

i have elka fronts

first i had my rear shock resprung and gave it a heart transplant done buy janssen

i was happy with it

than it broke and the shaft got bent.

he refunded me half my money towards a new elka rear

i ran a stock shock borrowed from banchetta until i got my new one

now that i have the elka on i think i liked the stock shock better

also i had a hellva time installing it due to how & where to mount the rezzy