Ricky stator plate

I installed my plate today but it fit kinda tight so i got crazy with the dremel now it fits kinda loose. I put it at plus 4 im guessin o is stock. i centered it as good as i could and it seems ok. Also the instructions say that i should set the gap for the magnet thing at .010 to .015 but the closest i could get it was ,022 The bike started fine it ran good on the street does any body think ill have problems when i take it to pismo this weekend? Also I have 22ccdomes do i need to run race gas with the timing bumped up now or should i still run pump? Any help is appreciated.

oh yeah i forgot I replaced the seal behind my counter sprocket with a new one and while i was there i saw this funky triangular plastic cover, i did a search and i think its a shift drum cover, Is there a seal behind there? also has any one achanged the shifter shaft seal do i need to remove the shaft?

Edited by fernando427

oh yeah i forgot I replaced the seal behind my counter sprocket with a new one and while i was there i saw this funky triangular plastic cover, i did a search and i think its a shift drum cover, Is there a seal behind there? also has any one achanged the shifter shaft seal  do i need to remove the shaft?

394702[/snapback]

from the micro fish that cover is for a gear switch.i guess so you cant start it in gear.maybe its for the newer ones,but mine never had a wire or anything going to it.there is an oring behind it.

Is there a way we can rig up a light for neutral? I have a hard time finding it and I already installed a modified shift star. Usually I have to just slowly let out the clutch and give it some gas to check if it is in neutral. It would be nice to know that it is in neutral via the light.

I'm almost positive you can, as long as there is a little screw on the cover and a tab on the shift drum that touches it while in neutral, then hook up any little light with a hot wire going to it and the ground going to that screw on the shift drum cover, then the light is only grounded while in neutral...make sense?

Makes perfect sense and something probaly can be rigged up for a few dollars and a trip to radio shack for an led. What does a banshee run off 12v or 6v? So the light is going to be negatively trigged when the shift drum comes into contact with the screw on the cover.