Going threw new brake pads in a week

I just replaced my rear pads and rotor about a week ago. When i took the old pads out, i noticed the inner pad ( pad closer to the axle carrier) still had about 1/2 - 3/4 pad still on it while the outter pad ( closer to the right-rear wheel) was completely down to bare metal. I went ahead and put new pads in and put in a wave type rotor. Its been about a week and the outer pad is almost completely down to metal again while the inner pad still has a good amount left on it. Has anyone had this problem before?

58 cents says it is dry of lubrication :yank: , remove the caliper bolts and sand them, next coat them in grease(a semi-thick, even layer), then re-install, more than likely you're caliper isn't sliding, so the only pad that is used is the inner..i actually think it's the bolts that mount it to the rear bearing hub that slide..remove it and find the sliding pins, i'm also pretty sure they have rubber boots at each end, shove a little grease in there also(with your finger or grease gun, wipe off the excess)

~Mark~

58 cents says it is dry of lubrication  :yank: , remove the caliper bolts and sand them, next coat them in grease(a semi-thick, even layer), then re-install, more than likely you're caliper isn't sliding, so the only pad that is used is the inner..i actually think it's the bolts that mount it to the rear bearing hub that slide..remove it and find the sliding pins, i'm also pretty sure they have rubber boots at each end, shove a little grease in there also(with your finger or grease gun, wipe off the excess)

~Mark~

389972[/snapback]

DING DING DING/WINNER!!! Fast87 is correct ! The sliding pins are frozen and the caliper cant slide so it wears the pads REAL fast on one side!! I use anti-sieze on them after i get em cleaned up!