Who will win?

biggun6ss

I have a 2005 shee with a shaved head, T6 pipes, and I am getting the flywheel lightened and a +4 advance with some clamp on K&N's. My buddy has a 450yfz and he just got web cams. He also has a rev box, K&N, and jetting. It is tuned really well. The thing has a lot of torque. Just want to know if I stand a chance against him in a drag race around 300 feet long. We race longer sometimes for fun. we will be racing in the sand and he uses 9 paddle extremes and I use 8 paddle haulers.

depends on how good u guys can drag race in all my experience's my yfz has beat a many banshee but on the other foot i have had my ass handed to me many a time if u guys race from like a third gear moving start u would easily hang with him but i dont know about a dead start the power on the two machines are totally different but give her hell and race em.. it all about fun any way but i have always found its better to race at the end of the riding day cuz if u race first thing the loser will spend all day trying to ride faster no matter where u are at race em and tell us what happened :headbang:

biggun6ss, I tell you what, put a 13 front tooth sprocket on front, w/ your stock 41 on rear, and if you start out in 2nd in sand while winding it up then dumping, you'll beat him by 2 bike lengths if you shift well throughout the 300 foot and utilize your powerband...also him running 9 paddles will hurt him on the big end....just don't tell him

Does he have an aftermarket pipe?

For 300 ft.,I agree with going with the 13 tooth front sprocket.This race will most likely be won at the starting line.You should beat him if you can beat him off the line.Don't be surprised if he beats you if he gets the holeshot.A piped YFZ is no slow poke.Two friends of mine,one with a piped banshee and one with a piped YFZ,run very close.They are dead even through the gears,but the banshee will slowly gain the lead once topped out.

When I was just piped I would just about side by side with my buddies piped 450. It's gonna be all in the rider, it'll be key to get that 2nd gear holeshot. With my ported motor I pull second gear outta the hole with a 15 tooth front, haven't been holeshoted by a 450 yet. You can beat him, but you'll have to ride the hell otta it.

rider has alot to do with it! although i dont agree its all rider..if you have a nice setup with gearing etc and you can ride then you may have him beat..try different gearing when launching in second and see what you like..my bike is full drag ported and i run 10 paddle ultra light triple buffs and im gear with a 12 tooth up front and stock in the rear and i still have to kinda slip my clutch but i always launch in second..launching in first will put you dead last so you need a gear setup good for a 2nd gear launch..never know what gearing is best till you try ...even with my low gearing my 350 gasser will outpull most alky bikes on the topend due to high rpms i'm forced to use a small sprocket..its 70% setup 30% rider imo