10mill Cub vs 10 mill T-REX & 10mill Cheetah

BansheeWanted

The biggest hp numbers that I've seen come out of a cub are scottytohotty on PS @ 133 with a 10mm crank.

I think Charlie Othton was gettin 146 out of his 10mm Cheetah. I'm thinking the extra intake area on the Cheetahs helps out quite a bit on the bigger stroker motors (10+mm).

The intake on a Big cheetah accepts a CR250 intake where the cub uses the stock intake for a banshee. The CR intake is about twice the size.

The biggest hp numbers that I've seen come out of a cub are scottytohotty on PS @ 133 with a 10mm crank.

I think Charlie Othton was gettin 146 out of his 10mm Cheetah. I'm thinking the extra intake area on the Cheetahs helps out quite a bit on the bigger stroker motors (10+mm).

The intake on a Big cheetah accepts a CR250 intake where the cub uses the stock intake for a banshee.  The CR intake is about twice the size.

388452[/snapback]

i think on the bigger motors the big intakes would work but on a 4mm i dont see any point of them. when i got my cairo shit put together we went down to that dyno in topeka. jeff had a guy there with cr125 reeds in his, supposedly supposed to be makin some big hp numbers. it made 1 more hp than what it did without the big reed conversion. i think he pulled 72 hp that day. mine pulled 77. needless to say that dude was pissed. i wonder what jeff ever did about that. on a 10mm motor i can def see how it would help tho. i think rick even said there was no point of doing it on anything smaller than a 10mm..

jeff had a guy there with cr125 reeds in his, supposedly supposed to be makin some big hp numbers. it made 1 more hp than what it did without the big reed conversion. i think he pulled 72 hp that day.

388482[/snapback]

i know of one making a hell of a lot more than that from jeff. those reeds rock.now my cub motor on gas from him with stock reeds runs with a 10 mil pv alki bikes.im thinkin im goin with the big reeds next.i wouldnt spend that extra cash on a big motor were getting good numbers with the cubs and were doing it on gas.

its fun to run those guys with those big alki motors and see there face when they look over and see you beside them. :P

i know of one making a hell of a lot more than that from jeff. those reeds rock.now my cub motor on gas from him with stock reeds runs with a 10 mil pv alki bikes.im thinkin im goin with the big reeds next.i wouldnt spend that extra cash on a big motor were getting good numbers with the cubs and were doing it on gas.

its fun to run those guys with those big alki motors and see there face when they look over and see you beside them. :P

388808[/snapback]

What numbers you puttin out?

What numbers you puttin out?

388837[/snapback]

im not going to post the numbers on the reed conversion its not mine.

but like i said its was a lot more than 72.

mine hasnt been back to the dyno for any tuning yet.first and only time on was 75 hp and way fat . did some tuning and and made some passes against some BIG freakin motors and all i can say i was smiling while they tried to run me down.

im going to try and get it back out this week for some tuning ill try and post some updated numbers.

4mm cub on race gas

guys we r comparing the cubs with big cheetah and trex on hp's... what about the tq?

Some one told me that it is all depends on ur ridiing style .. for hillshooting the PV's is way to go coz too much tq BUT in flat drag racing they recommend the cubs coz in flat drag races we will need more hp ... more tq can cause SPINNING TOO MUCH. ( on PV's )

Also they recommend the cubs coz they r small , light and reliable more than the PV's

what do u think guys?

i think my stock cyls on gas are all i need..i'm makin way more than 72hp on stock cyls and stock crank..i ran a 4 mil cub on alky (not sure about the portwork) and i was puttin a good 3 bikes on him and he couldnt believe it...jeff does great work..i enjoy beatin big bikes with my stock cyls too much to try anything else...so far as the big motors tq..yeah they make alot more torque and will be better in hillshooting but they are too hard to get all the power to the ground in a flat drag..more hp and less tq(like the cubs) are what you want because the power will hook up better while the big motors torque the tires into a spin

Edited by AiRbRuShMaN

guys we r comparing the cubs with big cheetah and trex on  hp's... what about the tq?

Some one told me that it is all depends on ur ridiing style .. for hillshooting the PV's  is way to go coz too much tq BUT in flat drag racing they recommend the cubs coz in flat drag races we will need more hp ... more tq can cause SPINNING TOO MUCH. ( on PV's )

Also they recommend the cubs coz they r small , light and reliable more than the PV's

what do u think guys?

389347[/snapback]

haven't seen any power valves change reliability?

I ran mine for a while.......never had a problem with them?

You can go bigger on cubs but your piston choices are very limited. I know the 68.25 blaster pistons will work and so will some other brand made in Germany... they are available in a 69mm bore. From there you start looking at regular cheetah pistons starting in the 72mm range.