10mill Cub vs 10 mill T-REX & 10mill Cheetah

BansheeWanted

It might be possible.There is more to winning races than just the motor.Having the right gearing tire,etc...I have heard the cubs are putting out some big horsepower #'s on the dynos.The biggest # I've heard so far was a 4 mil. stroker that made 114 hp.They will most likely keep improving them so the powervalves may be in trouble.I think the powervalve only helps the motors on bottom end anyways.Not sure though.Besides the cubs are cheaper and still putting out good horsepower.I'd get the cubs if my wallet would let me.LOL!!!

ScottytooHotty's 10mm cub on Planetsand, put out over 130 hp's on a stingy dyno....The powervalve just controls where you want the power, up top or on the bottom, personally I would go with a big cub before a powervalve regular cheetah or T-Rex.....I've also seen a 7mm cub at Little Sahara in OK, in a stock frame, outrun a 10mm T-Rex in a drag chassis, time and time again, if you want the names of the people pm me and I'll tell ya, I'm NOT gonna post there names on here

After making some calls to Calvin and some builders .. they r all recommend the big cheetah ... they said that the big cheetah should make more HP and they dunno why the cubs making more hp's.

Other said it is all depend on the builder ... some of them can make big Trex or cheetah can kill the cubs easily.

Honstly i saw many ppl sell thier 10mill cheetah and Trex and get 16,18 and 20mill cheetah or twister PV's.

After making some calls to Calvin and some builders .. they r all recommend the big cheetah ... they said that the big cheetah should make more HP and they dunno why the cubs making more hp's.

should is the key word here. dyno results are showing the cubs making just as much if not more. why spend the extra money on the big ones if its not needed?

Other said it is all depend on the builder ... some of them can make big Trex or cheetah can kill the cubs easily.

like stated above. it all depends on setup. motor is not the only thing that wins races.

Honstly i saw many ppl sell thier 10mill cheetah and Trex and get 16,18 and 20mill cheetah or twister PV's.

387635[/snapback]

do u know what it costs to build a 14, 16 etc motor??? you are talking like 5 g's if not more easily...

do u know what it costs to build a 14, 16 etc motor??? you are talking like 5 g's if not more easily...

More than 5 g'.s .....Crank alone is $1350.00 and the cylinder bare no nicasil before porting is $2000.00 . Porting (depends on the builder) can run up to $600.00 and then add $350.00 for nicasil and then you will need v force reeds and carbs (on my 16mill cheetha they are Mikunis taken out to a 41) setup for alky is another $650.00 plus filers. Then you have case work that will run around $550.00 and it keeps going and going. Plan on spending around $8000.00 + just depends on what pieces you already have. Lockup, pvl ignition,pipes to match, straight cut gears, override trans cut will keep the cost down.

It sucks paying all that money but as the old saying goes (SPEED COST MONEY) :headbang:

More than 5 g'.s .....Crank alone is $1350.00 and the cylinder bare no nicasil before porting is $2000.00 . Porting (depends on the builder) can run up to $600.00 and then add $350.00 for nicasil and then you will need v force reeds and carbs (on my 16mill cheetha they are Mikunis taken out to a 41) setup for alky is another $650.00 plus filers. Then you have case work that will run around $550.00 and it keeps going and going. Plan on spending around $8000.00 + just depends on what pieces you already have. Lockup, pvl ignition,pipes to match, straight cut gears, override trans cut will keep the cost down.

It sucks paying all that money but as the old saying goes (SPEED COST MONEY) :headbang:

387966[/snapback]

yea thats what i figured..big motors cost big money...

387635[/snapback]

Calvin knows why the Cubs are making more power than the full Cheetah. He did change a few things in the molds on the Cub cylinders. He doesn't know how those minor changed made such a difference. Last time I heard from him, he was looking at revising the Cheetah specs to include the changes that he made on the Cubs.