Anyone got a snowmobile?

Just wonderin if anyone here in the hq has a snowmobile! Thought I'd bring it up cuz, well, I miss the winter already :cry: I got a 2002 zr600 -D&D clutch kit,Megatron 46mm twin carbs,D&D Twin pipes, D&D Power Breather,V Force 3's,1.25 Predator Track , 196 Woody's studs,Brower Sensor Unit, 2 Degree advance , M-10 Suspension,26 Tooth 15 Wide True Pitch Gear,Trail Port Twins,Stroker 670 engine. Mad Hp I am gunna get er on a dyno this winter, It runs with the F-7's and Revs on the trails once we get to the open wraap! :headbang: It murders an F-7 and The Rev 800 ;) My best stroy this year was ridin near Elk county line, Pennsylvania at around 70 I came within feet of hiitn a massive Elk bull! First trip of the season at Tug hill NY 11 miles into the trip My Bro totalled his sled :shootself: Then a month later my Friend blew his brand new Firecat up with only 150 miles on it! Though i share some stuff, anyone else? :cheers:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one....a buddy of mine is in a sno-mobile club called Sno-Seekers. His dads pretty much runs everything and I usually get to hear some cool stories about the trips they take up north. But this story happened here to my buddy a couple years ago, when we were still in highschool. This isn't a nice story, but its reality. Anyway...this friend(Clint) is on his MXZ600 and another friend of mine(Mike) is riding with him on the 440 'cat Clint sold him. They both have a chick on the back on the sleds. It was pretty late at night...11:30 or so on a Friday or Saturday, still snowing a little. They ride all the way out to Durant, IA (about 30 minutes drive) riding ditches and fields. Clint has almost all the ditches memorized from riding them every winter. They're both flying through this long corn field, Clints in the lead...obviously, and they come up on a ditch. They both start braking...but not fast enough. Before the ditch was a knocked down barbed wire fence that should have been taken out of the ground with the rest of the fence about 20 years ago. Clint doesn't see the fence until its too late. The nose of the sled slides the top barbed wire of the fence up past the windshield....It just so happened Clints neck was right about the windshield. It slices his throat about 12 inches left to right, cutting his skin, neck muscle, ligaments, and part of his trachea. LUCKILY his girl on the back was knocked off the back when Clint leaned back right before he hit the fence. Clint, in shock, gets off.. stops Mike, whos about 40 feet behind him, and tries telling him what happened. Not hearing a word..Mike doesn't think anything happened. Clint takes his helmet off and Mike then realizes whats happened. Fortunately, Mike was planning on being a Davenport Medic...so he knew his stuff. They stop somebody on the road and have them call 911. Clint soon realizes he starting to get really cold...escpecially without the blood needed to keep you warm. So the man they stopped tells them to get in the truck until the ambulance comes. Keeping the heater on full blast, Mike is taking his clothes off while Clint is putting more on. Now Mike has told me that he thought that was the last time he was going to see Clint alive. I didn't ask what was said between them, but they both said that was the scariest thing they have ever had happened. Clint ended up with 40-50 stitches in his neck, and was back to school the following week. The doctor said if the fence had hit him and inch lower, he wouldn't have a head. Sorry about the long story, but just want to give the "heads up" one ditch riding...hell any riding.

ZR 900 all the way!!! i am not a big fan of the new chasis. i will always own and ride a ZR 800/900. i am in the mix of buying a 99 ZRT 800. i am 20 min. from Tug hill.

381889[/snapback]

Sweet :headbang: exactly what is the town called maybe we can go riding this winter, me and my buds are always lookin for people to ride with :cheers:

I was in sakskatchewan canada this winter and everybody has a snowmobile there....they have like a snowmobile trails in the ditch beside the road and the driveways are perfect jumps because they were elevated it was my first time on a snowmobile and i hit a driveway going 70 mph, it was nutty i went like 90 mph in that thiong i was surprised they were so fast...and its kinda cool how u can hit the break and fishtail and drift in them

Yep, it's a whole different world, once you've ridden a 265hp turbo RX-1 that'll do the 1/4 in 8 secs on pump gas, makes any Banshee I've ever ridden feel like a joke.  :wacko:

382121[/snapback]

Shit loot of horse :whoa: I did see a 300 horse zrt 1200 before though, on the drag lone, but shit! Power to ya :headbang:

Yep, it's a whole different world, once you've ridden a 265hp turbo RX-1 that'll do the 1/4 in 8 secs on pump gas, makes any Banshee I've ever ridden feel like a joke.  :wacko:

382121[/snapback]

oh god. i need one of them. dont they have suspension like motocross bikes too? i mean bunches of smooth well contolled travel.

382121[/snapback]

Around here theres some crazy sleds. Theres a mechanic at the local shop that has an RX-1 with a supercharger :whoa: My uncle just put an RMK 800 motor (MODDED TO THA NUTS) into a pro-x 440 chassy :o Then my friend has a 900 caton nitrous ya know the usual:blink: Some phuckin fast shit :headbang: I traded my pro-x 600 (pipe/can, ported, bored carbs, studded track, FOX shox, etc.) for most of the parts on my banshee and $750 cash, that was a pretty quick sled too, beat most 700's. Lots of stories just not enough room to tell them. :cheers:

If you guys ever get a chance to jump on a turbo RX-1 or Apex do it. The power isn't like a normal turbo charged vehicle, Especially on the front mount turbos there is NO LAG. Instant power right from 0. And completely trailable too, just turn the knob down and you get the low 190 hp setting, lol. Simons CPR lake race turbos are now over 400 hp. Jeff Simons' full bodied, stock chassis turbo RX-1 went over 150 mph this last winter. :bolt: