American Star A-Arms....

It doesn't look right to me either, what is your caster set at?  If the top arm is flipped and the ball joint isn't where it should be, you caster will be off and let you know right away.

378537[/snapback]

lol... I was thinking the exact same thing. I've been studying this pic and I gotta agree, somefin just don't look right. Was thinking that if they are backwards, the upper ball joint would be too far back, to the rear of the bike. But then I started lookin at them there heim joints...they just slide onto the upper mount...I don't think they locate laterally, just provide a pivot point. Am I right??? :confused:

I dunno... personally I'd try swappin em and see how shee looks. I'd think that big sweeping bend in the upper A-arm should be to the rear, not the front. This would position the upper ball joint further forward in relation to the heim joints. Might also improve the shock clearance too?

Just my .02 :shrugani:

Guess I'll call and ask ASR.

They are +1 +2 so they should be offset 2'' forward.....correct?

Right now if I stand directly over the upper heim joint, it is farther back than the lower. Sould they line up vertically?

Or should the upper heim joint be farther forward than the lower?

I wonder how many ran out to their shed or garage to dbl check. :rotflmao:

When I put my arms on I didn't know and had the uppers on the wrong side.

There is aslight bend to where the heim threads in also but they should only work one way. dont forget about longer b/lines if your going 2 out / 1 forward.get up on the bumper and make sure everything is ok rather than testing it on a big jump

goodluck.

f4a7e9db.jpg

f5cd597a.jpg