Elka Rear Shock Help!

BaNsHEE ELiMiNaToR

Hi there i just did a whole re-build on the shee this winter. Yes yes ill have pics up in a few hours i just have a question. I put on a ELKA REAR SHOCK on with a +4 Durable extended axle. on the stock swing arm and stuff.. Now when i look at the bike it sits so low to the tires as if some fatt guy is sitting on it. I beleive there is a way to make my shock rise the seat height correct? i just wanted to ask you guys before i make any mistakes. Any help is appreciated thanks

Is it a negative preload shock built fro your weight and SA length? All the self saggers sit rather low, but they are meant to. They offer as much sag as regular travel when weighted and full travel when jumping, it really is the best of both worlds. Also, just because a shock is built for your weight does not mean it is going to perform and sit the exact way you want it to.

My buddy had the same problem.  Tighten up the preload and it will sit higher.

375241[/snapback]

yep what he said they are ride height adjustable.

is it valved to your weight and riding style? no leaks are their? any body tamper with the nitrogen pressure? probably just need to crank up the ride height unless its time for a shock rebuild? usually every 12 months or every season which ever is equivelant.

Does it have multiple springs? If so, then it is supposed to sit like that. It's a zero preload design.

Sits ow so it corners well, but if you grab the rear grab bar and pick it up, you see the travel.

It is designed to be that way. Do not screw with it. Try it, you will like it.