Getting end caps off

Back the screws out a couple of turns and then tap them in with a small hammer. This will drive the round nut(s) out of the flange. When tightened, the nut goes through the flange and into the silencer body. Just removing the bolts won't let it come apart. You have to remove the nuts to get them apart. Hope this helps.

JD...start with removing the silencers from bike..you will need to anyway to install the kit. You should only need a small wrench and a screw driver to take those bolts off of the end caps dont worry about those bolts too much you will get new ones in the package. If you have any other questions i'll try to walk you through the installation shoot me an email.

As in a Toomey Hush kit? Thought they only made that for the T5 round silencers...

Post a pic when you get done.

Agreed, take off the silencers first, much easier to work on. Loosen the bolts, and...I like using a BFH and a small cut 2X4...not as likely to bend/damage the pipe or scratch it....

Also...a propane torch to heat it up just a LITTLE bit. Propane doesn't get hot enough to discolor unless it's left on for too long...just a little brushing of heat all the way around.

Edited by dajogejr