Break in

Just did my topend I started it up and let it run for about ten minutes. I did that three times.Then I putted around the yard for about 15 mins gradually going threw the gears not over reving.My question is how many easy miles or hours would you put on it, before you would be safe to really get on it.

when i first got my shee within 30 seconds i was pinned in 6th it seems to run perfect. i heard that if you break it in hard it will be a faster motor. but that was from the jaguar dealership when i got the jag. i dont know if it is the same with a shee

Do a couple of heat cycles at first...warm it up, let it cool, warm it up let it cool, etc. I would do that like 3-4 times then take it out varying the revs not to rev it to high and kinda go through the gears for the first tank. Then at the 2nd tank kinda ride it a little hard gradually moving to full throttle as the tanks empties then at the third...WIDE OPEN... :bolt:

not that it matters now, but for break in you shouldnt use synthetic oils. What i used was a oil by honda called GN 2. It was hard to find, but it is best for break in according to jim at passion racing. It mixes with synthetic oils too so you can switch right over. i mixed 2.5 gallons of GN 2, for those 2.5 gallons i did nothing special except let it warm up extra long. I let it have it as soon as i knew my jetting was good. Let me tell you, I have not had a single problem yet, and this has been since december so i know nothing out of the ordinary will go wrong.

Heat up 3 cycles, as you've done.

Don't stay at the same throttle for too long, and I'd richen up the oil gas premix just a hair for the first tank. Try not to ride above 1/2 throttle too long for the first tank of gas.

If you run 32:1, mix it at 30 or 28:1...

Since you've heat cycled it, I'd recheck the base and head gasket touque.

After your first tank through, check 'em again.

Once you take it easy for a tank of gas...ride it like your ex-girlfriend after 2 AM...

:headbang:

Edited by dajogejr

ahhhh break in. you did well my friend, 2-3 tanks then change your oil and let er rip.

when i first got my shee within 30 seconds i was pinned in 6th it seems to run perfect

its funny you mention that jjfizzle; cause when ever we get a banshee at the shop we have our own little break in procedures, and thats the first thing on the list. :headbang: