Need some help and advice please.

'99 Shee, just bought it about four months ago. Checkin' the tranny oil and it's milky. I'm thinking it's prolly just the impeller seal, but was hoping for some more ideas from the experts here. So whadda tink guys (and gals)?? Anything else it could be?

Thanks! :cheers:

I'd check for leakdown, too...

Could be impeller, head or base gasket.

I know this sounds simple...cause it is.

Check ALL of your crankcase/tranny vent hoses. Make sure none are plugged.

If they are...the moisture that builds up has no where to go...and there you have it. Milky Way all the way.

just wonderring but have you noticed that you coolant level has dropped? also is there oil particles in the coolant when you take the radiator cap off? sounds like you def have a bad seal tho.

375324[/snapback]

Yeah, coolant level has dropped some, but no oil in the coolant. Took it apart yesterday... oil was extremely fuct up. Milky (of course) and all kinds of mush laying in the bottom of the tranny case. Was tinkin' it might be clutch fiber, but the discs are in good shape. :shrugani: Impeller has some fairly deep grooves, so I'll be getting a new one of those and a new seal along with a new o-ring for the coolant transfer through the case. Throw her back together and we'll see. Wish me luck. :cheers:

at least you caught it with only a few grooves in it. mine was completely wasted except for a little bit of plastic left on the shaft. the stock ones suck. it's only a matter of time till they fly apart. pro design makes a nice replacement. :clap: more advice, get ready for a clutch rebuild. the antifreeze will eat up the bonding material of the clutch fibers and soon leave you with a slipping or wasted clutch. i checked my oil before going out, and it was fine. a few hours lately it was milky and my clutch was slipping pretty bad... get ready to get your hands dirty and break open the piggy bank :cry:

Aw, shit! Replace the clutch, eh? Maybe that's what all that goopy shiat was in the bottom of the case. I don't mind gettin my hands dirty, but breakin the piggy bank? :( I'm too broke as it is....

I'll break the clutch down and check the fibers. Thanx for the help. :headbang:

Get Jeff's clutch from FAST Racing...it's only a few bucks more than if you were to buy a boxed Barnett or EBC, and worth the money.

I have a alumininum impeller I'm putting in mine probably this weekend.

If my stock plastic is in good shape, I'll ship it to you no charge, if you pay shipping.

Again, this is the stock one, and it's a 96 with very low hours...so, I don't know how she looks.

Just trying to save you a buck...but, in the long run, the alumnium is the way to go.

Got mine on a trade and a flywheel puller!

Thanks for the offer :cheers:  but I think I'll be getting an aluminum impeller.  If I'm puttin' a new clutch in her, I don't wanna risk this happenin' again.

DJ

376790[/snapback]

Can't say I blame ya....just trying to help a brother out...low cost style!

:cheers: