Getting a little out of control in my area

I mean to tell you I'm not going to do anything dumb enough to get a $1000 ticket.  If I can't ride somewhere I don't.  I have been riding in areas when the cops showed up.  I went and tolked to them and they told me to leave.  I loaded up and left.  The truck that ran from them was caught and everyone was in handcuffs when I was loading up and leaving.  I like to call those tickets you get from running STUPID TICKETS.  If you act stupid then you get a ticket. Usually a lot more than if you would have just stopped.  If you use some common sense and don't ride where it is illegal then you won't get a ticket.

372570[/snapback]

I guess things are a little more laxed on the west coast, its hitting the fan over here. Running or not your getting hit hard with $$$. I have good friends who take your motto. And from experiences Ive had, you have a good chance of getting away if you know how to ride.

I live and ride on Long Island, NY also and what you just said is just about impossible to do  :angry: Like stated earlier it's fucked up that there is no legit place to ride but yet they don't have a problem selling us our ATV's and then collecting our registration money that they don't use to benefit us. Why the hell collect it. Where the hell does the money go ?

I did read that a support group is rallying together to get law makers to appoint us some land to ride on, but then I hear that they said something about 50 - 100 acres. Now that is WACK  :yank:  Do they really think with all the registered ATV's, non registerd, and the steadily rising sales of ATV's, that this will be sufficient ?  :blink: I would have love to attend the hearing but I had no idea when and where it was  :confused:

I live in Bay Shore, and I ride off of Rt. 111 and the 495,and Riverhead Pine barrons. Also in the woods at Pilgrim State Pyschiatric Center - and now I seen at the 3rd precint 2 cop quads loading up on a trailer ready to go here and bust people. One of the highest paid cop forces in the country and this is what they do with our hard earned tax money :yank:

I heard that some newly elected official wanted to reduce the amount of cops on night patrol because alot have been caught just chillin side by side bullshitin' and even sleeping in their squad cars...Enough venting  :cry:

Let me go check out that website and see what I can do

- Jeff

372651[/snapback]

Nicely put, good luck bro

Whoever told me not to run from the cops, i appreciate your concern, but i make sure im in a field or powerlines before i really open her up :cheers:

BTW, some of you are OBVIOUSLY not from long island and IT SHOWS! I think SteveO is on to something, and all you long island riders need to attend LIORV meeting!

As far as riding illegally, im not gonna stop unless i got caught more than once. There are just TOO MANY great trails WAY TOO CLOSE to my house :drool:

Hey guys, I too live on Long Island, Port Jefferson actually..I agree that from just reading this thread, it is easy to tell who is from Long Island, and who is not. Long Island is so heavily populated now, there are no areas of open land that arent controlled by private owners or government, and anything that is has already been cleared out by cops. For example, I was riding in that spot behind the welfare office building(its a pretty big sandy type of area) when a suburban drove through, right as a I was launching off of a jump. They obviously saw me and others riding, so they went out to their trailor, got on their quads and came and stopped everyone. Fortunatly, I was talking to my dad when they showed up on the quads, so technically they couldn't take my bike for riding on private owned land...unfortuntly, the other 4 guys that were riding got their bikes taken away, with a 500 dollars fine to get them back. This is getting out of hand, the only legal riding spot around is the Yaphank Motocross Track, which is packed to no end. Luckily for me, I am moving to Texas this summer(Dallas/Ft.Worth for that matter) and will hopefully have better luck there. If anyone knows of any good spots to ride around that area, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Yo Legend

Thats cool how you got off from gettin the ticket because you werent riding. I have never gotten caught, however they give kids my age alot of crap when they are just parked in fields, not riding. If it were the same situation for someone around my age, where they are parked, key out, radiator cold, not riding, the cops would still impound their shit, unless you put up a REALLY big argument. I think im gonna get a trx450 this fall, and race xc out of state. Good luck in texas Legend, when I was flying over the Dallas Ft. Worth airport it looked like pure suburbs forever, but im sure theyres more than that in that area. Youll have to mail me some BBQ from texas. I was watching this cooking show about the best bbq in the U.S., and ive been craving some BBQ Beef Briskit ever since :D

this was one of my posts a while ago and its still about the same around her.i was riding on the 4th of july last year at a pit down the street from my house.it was like 8 am when i was in the pit.well this guy and his kid came out to the pit,stopped me and started bitching about me racin up and down the street the week before.well i was in jersey the week before so im like what the f*ck are you talkin about.anyway this guy said hed called the cops and they were on the way.so i got the hell outta there.i was about 1/2 mile from my house when i passed the cop sittin on the side of the road.i just rode right by, didnt look back at all.i was in 3rd gear slowing down to pull into my driveway when the cop pulled in front of me got out of the car and pulled his gun on me.so im face down,gun to my head right in front of my neighbors house.he cuffed me,stuffed me and took my beloved shee to the fuckin impound.the cop kept tellin me that i was runnin from him and i kept tellin him that if i was running from him i had 3 gears left and he wouldve known if i was runnin cause he wouldnt have me in the back of his car.i got charged with evading a police officer,riding on a public way, and having an unregistered vehicle.i bailed myself out and went and partyed for the rest of the 4th(after i went and got my shee)

wow guys thats sounds really shitty.. the only thing i can tell you is to find somebody who owns a nice chunk of property and see if they would mind if you made some paths on their hills..out in ohio we only get chased when we go by the house's , or in the unfortunate event that one of our quads break down we always get chased ..dont know why but it always happens..later guys

I live and ride on Long Island, NY also and what you just said is just about impossible to do  :angry: Like stated earlier it's fucked up that there is no legit place to ride but yet they don't have a problem selling us our ATV's and then collecting our registration money that they don't use to benefit us. Why the hell collect it. Where the hell does the money go ?

I did read that a support group is rallying together to get law makers to appoint us some land to ride on, but then I hear that they said something about 50 - 100 acres. Now that is WACK  :yank:  Do they really think with all the registered ATV's, non registerd, and the steadily rising sales of ATV's, that this will be sufficient ?  :blink: I would have love to attend the hearing but I had no idea when and where it was  :confused:

I live in Bay Shore, and I ride off of Rt. 111 and the 495,and Riverhead Pine barrons. Also in the woods at Pilgrim State Pyschiatric Center - and now I seen at the 3rd precint 2 cop quads loading up on a trailer ready to go here and bust people. One of the highest paid cop forces in the country and this is what they do with our hard earned tax money :yank:

I heard that some newly elected official wanted to reduce the amount of cops on night patrol because alot have been caught just chillin side by side bullshitin' and even sleeping in their squad cars...Enough venting  :cry:

Let me go check out that website and see what I can do

- Jeff

372651[/snapback]

Im glad someone understands what I posted. You hit the nail on the head bro. I live in Setauket, Ive been riding in this area for about 10 years now and it has NEVER been this bad. Even up to two years back it was rare to see a cop and if you did he would ask you to "turn it off and walk it home". Now the sh*t is really hitting the fan, I mean honestly, how much tax payers money will suffolk county waste on B.S. like ATV task forces. What a F'ing joke. I have friends who have been paying registration fees for years, and not a dime has gone to a legal area to ride.