Thinking about geeting some different pipes

I have ssts on my banshee now and I have a k&n filter with tors removal kit and thats it. I run good now and I like the power but I raced a guy that had some toomey pipes and they sounded awesome. I mostly trail ride but I do race everynow and again on my little farm strip. I havn't lost yet but I havn't raced anything really fast either. I want a pipe with better overall power and look. I hate the way the silencers look on fmfs. I love the way the rocket and toomey silencers look. Give me some help.

You might just start a pipe war here.

SSTs are great pipes.

However, I love my Toomey T5's. They really woke mine up. However...I've heard great about Rockets, too.

I'm waiting on Ray to get a set of "loaner" rockets in, so I can test them out, too.

CPI, Shearer, Toomey or Rockets are all good choices...

When you go for more of a mid to top pipe, you may loose a little bottom.

That's where other mods play a factor, like timing, Lightened flywheel, a better head (smaller domes for more compression) and reed cages come into play...

Could always get your shee ported. That's the biggest kicker right there, short of bore and stroke kits...

From what I read here...and since I never rode a Shearer'd shee...they are more of a drag pipe.

Same with CPI...

Rockets are considered a drag pipe, but many of the loyal following here will say they are a great all around pipe.

Since I have T5's on mine, I can tell you they are a great all around pipe, too.

They hit nice, and pull for a while, and I love their look and killer sound.

More will chime in here shortly...I guarentee.

I hear pt mids are a good trail pipe. I know that banchetta really likes his. As long as I get a pipe that is better than my sst's and look good I don't care. I know that is vaig but when I put on my new set of pipes which ever ones they may be I want to be able to tell a difference.

sounds to me like t5's are where you wanna be, however i dont think youll notice a really noticeable power gain from them. if you are really wanting something that youll notice id go with cpi, shearer or rocket. but theres a catch. almost everyone i have talked with and heard things from say that shearers are really peaky and hit very hard and dont stop pulling. i doubt thats what you want for trail riding. i have ridden with a guy in the trails that had cpi, he didnt have any problems gettin around. i do know that on my 4mm stroker setup my rockets had more bottom end, torque and hp than the cpi's, but a different setup could be completely different. ive heard good things about rockets on stock bikes, maybe some of them will chime in and let you know what they think.

sounds to me like t5's are where you wanna be, however i dont think youll notice a really noticeable power gain from them. if you are really wanting something that youll notice id go with cpi, shearer or rocket. but theres a catch. almost everyone i have talked with and heard things from say that shearers are really peaky and hit very hard and dont stop pulling. i doubt thats what you want for trail riding. i have ridden with a guy in the trails that had cpi, he didnt have any problems gettin around. i do know that on my 4mm stroker setup my rockets had more bottom end, torque and hp than the cpi's, but a different setup could be completely different. ive heard good things about rockets on stock bikes, maybe some of them will chime in and let you know what they think.

364577[/snapback]

I can still ride trails with my shearer pipes,but it is not much fun.These pipes really like to run wide open.Of the other pipes I tried(FMF Fatties,Toomey T-5's and T-6's),I'd have to say the T-5's.They are a really good pipe.