? about reeds

hello: i have a Prodesign flo control on my shee and im plannin on gettin some reeds..but it says that i cant use boyesen ones.so vforce is my way to go..can i just buy the petals and install them on the stock reed cage??? or i need to pay 200 bux for the hole thing..thanks..

I'd like to know the reason you can't use Boyesen reeds in your stock cages...for that work. I'm not saying they're wrong, I'd just like to know the reason.

VForce reeds will only work in their cages.

I've heard good things about getting stock reed cages ported and using aftermarket reeds...but, in the end, you can get VForce 2 cages and reeds shipped for 179.99.

I can't imagine porting a stock reed cage and a set of new reeds to be a whole bunch cheaper than that...and, VForce are the way to go!

I'd like to know the reason you can't use Boyesen reeds in your stock cages...for that work.  I'm not saying they're wrong, I'd just like to know the reason.

I have Boyesen reeds on my stock cages. :confused: I removed the brass colored "stoppers"

seems to work fine.

I have Boyesen reeds on my stock cages.  :confused:  I removed the brass colored "stoppers"

seems to work fine.

363930[/snapback]

Do you have the prodesign flow control, as he does, too?

I've got boyesen in my stock cages, as well...

363931[/snapback]

Hey guyz so it works on stock cages..also do u feel the diff from the stock reeds??

i have these http://www.magicracing.com/product.asp?itemid=500&catid=[catid]

also which ones are better the carbon fiber ones or the plastic ones??

Tough question to answer...

I don't think anyone makes carbon fiber reed replacements for the stock cage.

The only ones I know of are for the VForce aftermarket cage. it's a combo of reed material and the cage design itself that make the VForce a winner...not solely one or the other.

I have Boyesen reeds on my stock cages.  :confused:  I removed the brass colored "stoppers"

seems to work fine.

363930[/snapback]

That brass piece is there for a reason.you will end breaking your reeds while out riding and then its going to run like shit.Put the brass piece back on ,then have someboby mod your reed cages,but dont spend more than 40-50 bucs.