boreing

quick-z

Dont waste the sleeve. Your not going to get that much, if any power out of boring it. I'd only take it 10 or 20 thousandths. Porting is where the power comes from.

If more power is what your looking to acheive with punching it out your looking in the wrong direction.

And to awnser your question. No,going 80 over wont reduce your reliability, however it will limit the number of times you can rebuild after. I think you can safely go 90 over then you have to re sleeve. SOmeone correct me if im wrong on that

Dont waste the sleeve. Your not going to get that much, if any power out of boring it. I'd only take it 10 or 20 thousandths. Porting is where the power comes from.

If more power is what your looking to acheive with punching it out your looking in the wrong direction.

And to awnser your question. No,going 80 over wont reduce your reliability, however it will limit the number of times you can rebuild after. I think you can safely go 90 over then you have to re sleeve. SOmeone correct me if im wrong on that

357267[/snapback]

you can go to 100 over. Two of my bikes have gone that far and run for about two years before we re-sleeved.

you can go to 100 over.  Two of my bikes have gone that far and run for about two years before we re-sleeved.

357273[/snapback]

I have a set off banshee cylinders that run .040 blaster pistons.Thats a little more than 100 over.But it only works with a long-rod set-up.And I don't recomend boring anymore than you have to.