Silver LAke April 29, 30 and May 1st

I will be there, staying at the Sierra Sands hotel Friday and Saturday. They are running some cheaper deal, like $103 for two consecutive nights. I don't know what time I'll be there, but I will look for the flags/d-tape. I will have a group of between 4-10 guys. Anyone remember how much the annual pass for the truck and shee both is? How much are ORVs? I bought them last year, and can't remember. Hope to see you guys out there. :headbang:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything you need you can buy at the gate JT.

You do want paddles.

There are hotels and campgrounds that you can stay at. http://www.silverlakesanddunes.com/directory.html

Mapquest says it's about 11hrs --> directions

I think it's 16 to 20 for the orv sticker for any vehicle you want to take onto the sand ie... truck or quad. $4 a day for parking but they charge parking for the quads too! So if you have 5 quads and one truck it's $24 a day for parking and if you aren't going to take the tuck out the stickers for the yr are about $100 for all 5 quads.

You will need spark arrestors. You should order some before you go. The store does run out. Last yr they ran random db levels. If they get you, wait about 20 min and go again. Not to big of a deal.

You have to have googles and a 10 ft flag ( distance from the ground). The sell plenty of these there though for $15 to $20.

As far as riding goes it doesn't compare to the size of glamis. You can ride silver lake several times in one day. I think it's about 500 acres but it is still fun and closer than glamis !!

Edited by fixitrod

I'm getting pretty pumped about getting a trip going here soon, fixitrod, I live 1/2 hour from ft. wayne!

356562[/snapback]

:headbang::headbang::headbang: Cool. Where at.

Silver lake may be looking on the downside more than the upside right now for me.

Edited by fixitrod

Man I'm pissed hardcore!, Had a guy from Ft. wayne powdercoat my frame for my shee, yellow, well it was already yellow to begin with and i got it sandblasted and wanted to have it powdercoated instead of painted. Well a guy I work with lives in ft. wayne so he took it there for me. I got it back and the guy that was supposed to coat it painted the SOB, does he think I'm an idiot that I cant tell the difference between powdercoating and paint!!!.. And this just brings be back later for going to the dunes and I'm getting real mad as the days go on!.. I gave the dude 2 weeks to have it done and done right!.. so hopefully I'll see you guys there sometime this month. Hey fixitrod, hear about the guy from Ft. Wayne that tried to race a train on his banshee and lost?. Guy didnt get killed or hurt..just destroyed the quad.. lol..

Hey fixitrod, hear about the guy from Ft. Wayne that tried to race a train on his banshee and lost?. Guy didnt get killed or hurt..just destroyed the quad.. lol..

358099[/snapback]

That was me.. .fuckin pissed me off.

Nahh, I didn't hear about that .. lol Maybe they were racing for titles. :headbang:

damn! I had 8 people going

1 backed out due to brother graduation party

1 backed out do to money

one backed out because he only has a warrior

one backed out because hes going memorial day weekend

one backed out because he doesnt want to get caught riding an aTV with asuspended license (its illegal even on a quad)

one back out because his buddy isnt going

hopefully the last guy with the banshee will still go!

I have to cancel the cabin I had, so does anyone have a place for lonely old me and 1 other person? I can bring a tent, I just hate camping 2 deep