Exhaust fitment problem with PT mids

cgamla

I put on a set of pt mids today with the fat boy silencers and the left pipe is smashed up against the coil and melting the bottom side of it and I have to put zipties pulling the radiator lines every which way to keep the pipes from melting them too. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do about it especially the coil.javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

javascript:emoticon(':confused:')

I haven't had any problems out of mine....my pipes barely touch the coil and the radiator hose hasn't melted after at least 10 hours worth of riding. I'm not too crazy on how they fit, but haven't had any problems with the pipes interfering with any other parts of the shee. I checked the radiator hose after each ride and it didn't even put a mark in it from the pipes rubbing against it. If you think about it, your coolant that runs through the hose can get up to 200 degress (respectively), the coolant hose withstands that heat and doesn't melt and could probably sustain more heat; your pipes touching it "shouldn't" melt it either. Just my .02 :shrugani:

I haven't had any problems out of mine....my pipes barely touch the coil and the radiator hose hasn't  melted after at least 10 hours worth of riding. I'm not too crazy on how they fit, but haven't had any problems with the pipes interfering with any other parts of the shee.  I checked the radiator hose after each ride and it didn't even put a mark in it from the pipes rubbing against it. If you think about it, your coolant that runs through the hose can get up to 200 degress (respectively), the coolant hose withstands that heat and doesn't melt and could probably sustain more heat; your pipes touching it "shouldn't" melt it either. Just my .02  :shrugani:

351071[/snapback]

Thanks for that info about the coil zilla. I would have never thought of that. I diidn't get instructions because I bought these used. Thanks again

Your pipes will melt the hose if left to rub.

I have had these pipes on my quad for about 6 years now. I love them.

Do you have the stock hoses? Mine clear, but you do have to loosen up the clamps and rotate them a little.

Take your coil off and move it to the top of the coil bracket. So it mounts to the top not the bottom. Just make sure you sand the paint off of the top of the bracket so your coil has a new ground path.

Feel free to shoot any more questions.