Kicker Rebuild Or Holyman Mod?

Ok I have a small dialema Yea I know it's nothign critical.

I was going to order the kicker rebuild from RMATV but I'm not sure how long it will last. However as of now I'm afraid my kick starter may fall off if I go riding this weekend and I do plan to ride. It has play up and down and pops open while I'm duning it really sucks!

What do you all suggest I do? I don't think I can send the kicker out to holyman and still get it back ontime for this weekend ride. I wish I didn't sit on this last week but thats what happens I guess.

Anyone have to rebuild their holyman kickers yet?

Ok I have a small dialema Yea I know it's nothign critical.

I was going to order the kicker rebuild from RMATV but I'm not sure how long it will last.  However as of now I'm afraid my kick starter may fall off if I go riding this weekend and I do plan to ride.  It has play up and down and pops open while I'm duning it really sucks!

What do you all suggest I do? I don't think I can send the kicker out to holyman and still get it back ontime for this weekend ride.  I wish I didn't sit on this last week but thats what happens I guess.

Anyone have to rebuild their holyman kickers yet?

349620[/snapback]

Rebuild it yourself. Mine is holding up great so far and it cost like 3 bucks at most. It will take you like 20 mins to do it yourself! If anything it will get you thru this weekend, and you can send it out after that!

Rebuild it yourself.  Mine is holding up great so far and it cost like 3 bucks at most.  It will take you like 20 mins to do it yourself!  If anything it will get you thru this weekend, and you can send it out after that!

349623[/snapback]

You mean modify it myself? It might be hard to do that since I do not have a drill :(

fixit that might work, but I think my screw is really messed up.

Do you happen to know what size O-ring goes in there? I can stop by kragen on the way home, and hold off on ordering the rebuild kit for now. if it fails though, I'm not sure RMATV could get it to me by friday if I don't order from them within the hour.

Guest nightmare

I used to put rubber bands around my kiker to try to quiet it down. That might get you through a weekend, I would definately send it to Holyman after this weekend. He does great work! He fixed mine last year, and it is still rattle free.

dont bother getting that rebuild kit from rocky mt.....I bought one a couple months ago(not even 2 mos) and the damn thing is rattling again....do it yourself or send it to HM....

I know its cheesy and if you dont get it rebuilt in time, just get a smallbungee cord, secure one end to the frame near the kicker, wrap the bungee around the kicker a few times, then back to the frame. One it wont rattle all weekend, and mre importantly, it wont fall off when riding.

RoostKing...

I got the rebuild kit from RM atv and after I put it all back together, the damn thing 10 times harder to pull out :blink: .For a while untill it broke in, Every time I had to start it I'd have to get off and use both hands to pull that fucker out, and then POP and I'd be down on my ass :lol:

Send it to Holyman, especially if your screw is already stripped out. Tough it out this weekend and then send it off to Holy, his work is great. I have only had mine back for two rides but it is rattle free and solid.

RJV