Toomey T-5 VS. FMF SST

no comparison. t5's all the way...

348422[/snapback]

What do you mean there is no comparison?

njbanshee - both pipes work good, I'm sure you would notice very little difference between the two pipes

Edited by Tim C

What do you mean there is no comparison?

njbanshee - both pipes work good, I'm sure you would notice very little difference between the two pipes

348476[/snapback]

what i mean is that i would never run an FMF pipe. i really think t5's are a better pipe, not to mention i think they respond better to engine mods.

Toomeys and the Fatties are very simliar. The SST are more of a midrange pipe I believe. I think that if you plan on modding the banshee down the road, Id save urself the hassle and get the T5's. They work great with other mods such as porting. I think there would be a noticeable difference between the SST and the Toomeys.

what i mean is that i would never run an FMF pipe. i really think t5's are a better pipe, not to mention i think they respond better to engine mods.

348783[/snapback]

Have you tried both pipes? - I have and the Toomey's never impressed me any more then the FMF's did

i have tried the T5`s. i was on nighty`s banshee and he has them. they are a good pipe. i have never tried any type of fmf pipes.

i have a set of ptr mid range. i like them and have stuck with them for mx racing, prolly just my riding style. im hopefully investing in a set of rockets soon. iv heard they are a damn good pipe.

Toomeys look better, toomeys sound better.

There's alot to be found in good jetting..

Ive had fmf gold serries which where really fast.

The toomeys t5's are just awesome, and i have a set of rockets on order.

I would be verry suprised if the rockets where better then toomeys..

Toomeys look better, toomeys sound better.

There's alot to be found in good jetting..

Ive had fmf gold serries which where really fast.

The toomeys t5's are just awesome, and i have a set of rockets on order.

I would be verry suprised if the rockets where better then toomeys..

349079[/snapback]

ohh boy are you in for a surprise. the rockets have a really good bottom end and midrange for a drag pipe. and the top end is gonna scare you... :bolt: you have made a good choice i think. what type of riding??? t5's are my 2nd favorite pipe. look good, sound good and respond very well to mods.

Thats good to hear loco!

I'm mostly riding construction site's. shooting up extreemly steep stuff.

sometimes we build a track around and over the obstacles the construction workers make.

With the t5's comming out of a corner is hard from time to time. (wont pull into the powerband easily need to help with clutch and or shiftback)

.. but if you shift the t5's right... its gooooood fun :)

i think i dont really have a type of riding, i'm an allrounder.

but i love the hit of the t5's. :D

do some research on Trinity Stage Iv pipes..., i have them installed and they

seem to be better than toomey and fmf... well dont want every one get pissed thats my opinion..

the Stage IV's also produce an amazing sound that worth having and they are not that hard to install had mine for 2 years now and they are perfect!!! :clap:

Probably the SST's will be better for an engine with stock porting configuration. The pipes will have more midrange power than the T5's and good top end. For steep hill climing.

The same thing goes for the TR6's which are supposed to be the better pipe for a stock porting configuration for the banshee.

If you are planning on porting the bike go with T5's. Else if you want maximun HP and Torque with stock porting then go with SST's or TR6's, ProCircuit is also a good choice.