EASTER

(1 Peter 1:13-16) 13 Hence brace up YOUR minds for activity, keep YOUR senses completely; set YOUR hope upon the undeserved kindness that is to be brought to YOU at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 14 As obedient children, quit being fashioned according to the desires YOU formerly had in YOUR ignorance, 15 but, in accord with the Holy One who called YOU, do YOU also become holy yourselves in all [YOUR] conduct, 16 because it is written: "YOU must be holy, because I am holy."

So when I gave up on following the rest of the world which does not have Gods favor, and quit celebrating Pagan festivals, and stopped my occult practices and quit being an abusive drunk, and fornicator, and when I shed the rage I felt for people who wronged me, and instead dedicated myself to the accurate knowledge of what the bible actually says, and when I became an "obedient child", I became holy. I am not God, I am dedicated to God. And because I try every day to conduct myself in a Holy way, I concider myself Holy.

Interestingly enough, the name I chose for this forum was based on a comment from a friend of mine. She called me "Preacher Dave". But since that was too long, I put down Holyman. As the scripture above shows, anyone who professes to conduct themselves as God has instructed, MUST be Holy.

Do you know the definition of the word Holy?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJ and I have refuted you with scripture left and right.  Like I said, you have started requoting the same sciptures you have already quoted.  You regurgitate this stuff without even thinking.  To show what a hypocrite that you are, you posted:

"I follow the direction of the bible... (Matthew 6:1-5) 6 "Take good care not to practice YOUR righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise YOU will have no reward with YOUR Father who is in the heavens. 2 Hence when you go making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full.

Yet you came barging into this thread and started blowing your trumpet, didn't you?

Try as you may, you have NO excuse for that, because you attempted to rise up alone, like a hypocrite, not at the mouths of 2 or 3 witnesses like the Bible says.

"Take good care not to practice YOUR righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them;

Yet you call yourself HOLYMAN!!!!  Talk about a hypocrite.  That is ALL that you are.

"I follow the direction of the bible"

Yeah you do....  :rotflmao:

374132[/snapback]

You are still a hypocrite and calling yourself Holyman is in direct conflict with the scripture above, as were all of your actions in this thread. The scripture you quoted:

14 As obedient children, quit being fashioned according to the desires YOU formerly had in YOUR ignorance, 15 but, in accord with the Holy One who called YOU, do YOU also become holy yourselves in all [YOUR] conduct, 16 because it is written: "YOU must be holy, because I am holy."

This does not say that it is ok for you to blow your trumpet all alone in front of men.

So, either way, you are nothing but a hypocrite and you are not Holy! In fact, I am going to just keep bumping this point until you get tired of yammering because nothing you say is from God because God does not go against his own Word. But you have gone against God's word and you have not been justified according to the word of God, because you came into this thread all alone like a hypocrite and started blowing your trumpet.

Your attention span sure is short. You have been PROVEN a hypocrite by your own scriptures. All of your questions are irrelevant to the issue that has risen to the top.

That is the fact that RJ and I have been defending and lifting Christ up, against your

anti-Christ attacks. You KNOW what RJ and I believe the PURPOSE of Christ is, we have been arguing it for 20 pages. If you don't get it by now you are simply posessed by the devil and you NEED some LAYING ON OF HANDS. Anyway, the burden of proof is on YOU, because you are the one who came in here as a hypocrite, as defined by your own scriptures, and began admonishing by yourself, which the Bible says that the Holy Spirit will have no part of. So let's hear it hypocrite. What do YOU think was the divine PURPOSE of Christ, Christ being the central issue of the entire BIBLE. What do

YOU think SAVED means? What do YOU think DELIVERED means? Why do you say that it will be up to God to ressurect you? You make it sound like you will rise out of the ground and walk around like a zombie. What do YOU think heaven is like?

I'll tell you what, I'll make it easy on you, because like I said, no one really knows and none of that matters, but what does matter is the PURPOSE of Christ, and the fact that RJ and I have been pro-Christ and you have been anti-Christ. And after you respond to that with your anti-Christ run-around, why don't you explain, since you say that God is so just, what God's burden of proof for salvation is EXACTLY TO THE LETTER, because he would surely leave no doubt to that seeing as that God is just.

JESUS IS THE BURDEN OF PROOF! YOU DON'T HAVE HIM! So what is YOUR burden of proof Dave? I am certain that you have not lived up to it in this thread, so why should God save you?

Look at the bottom of the main forum page. Today is the birthday of Adam and Sin.

Accept who you are and what Jesus did for you and today is your Birthday too.

It's obvious that the power of God is only through Jesus Christ.

Today's Birthdays    [calendar]  2 members are celebrating their birthday today

adam46706(22), Sin(27)

Ok, if that wasn't wierd enough for you, when I went back to the home page, the birthdays had changed. I seen FadedDreams (22) and Big Herb (27). I first thought that I had just caught the adam and Sin birthdays just in time before they changed, but now it is back to adam and sin. If you look up FadedDreams and Big Herb, their birthday was yesterday. Adam and FadedDreams have birthdays one day apart and are the exact same age. Sin and Big Herb have birthdays one day apart and are the same age.

I can't explain how it popped back up to them, but that is what I seen. Even if some person on the board manipulated it, as long as the birthdays are real, it defies the odds of chance. My message is that I better stop smoking weed I guess, at least Big Herb like I do (Maybe little herb is ok :unsure: ). Not going to be easy because I've been doing it for 20yrs, but I think I'm scared straight.

We should start another post and call these guys out to verify their birthdays or something. Uhhhhhh....... :unsure:

On your second scripture {1John 2:1,2}, I ask you who he had to satisfy?
Edited by rjvoight

:clap: Congratulations rj, you have shown yourself to be a real student of the bible. Your replies are concise and the added scriptures back up you line of thought.

I would like you to clarify a couple things you said and perhaps ask a few more questions.

#1- I didn't really get the direct answer I was hoping for but I think you are saying that in (1 John 2:1-2) 2 My little children, I am writing YOU these things that YOU may not commit a sin. And yet, if anyone does commit a sin, we have a helper with the Father, Jesus Christ, a righteous one. 2 And he is a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins, yet not for ours only but also for the whole world's.

you are saying that we have come to be indebted to God because of our sin. We have a debt to him because we have not lived up to his perfect standards and so when we fail, we are indebted. Do we agree on that? I liken it to a speeding ticket. If we obey the law properly, no ticket. If we don't obey the law properly, we owe. And I agree that the only way we can re-gain god's favor is because of the sacrifice of Jesus.

My question then is... why do you think Jesus had to die to pay the debt to God? Is there some other way for God to be paid. Or why couldn't God have just looked at the suffering offspring of stupid Adam and give them a fresh start?

I, of course, have much more to say about the rest of the comments you made and I am not avoiding them in any way. I would just like to take this one step at a time instead of trying to address 14 topics at once.

I look forward to your reply.

one more thing... which translation do you prefer again? I want to be able to use the same one if possible.

Edited by Holyman

I think I remember RJ saying that he uses The New American Standard translation, if I'm not mistaken.

I just felt like posting this. Jesus is Lord.

Luke 10 21-28

21In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight. 22ALL things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. 23And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see: 24For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them. 25And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life: 26He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? 27And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. 28And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Holy crap, where has this thread gone.

I have a little different view on all this, I was rasied a strict Catholic until I was old enough to choose. Religious people tend to scare me quite a bit and this thread is no exception.

I only know who God is as it relates to me. I far as I was tought, God will create and end the world. Relative to me and me alone, the world began the day I was born, and relative to me the world will end the day I day. Therefore if my world begins and ends with me, I must be the God.

Sorry, I thought I would throw in a little humor I used on some Jahovas Witnesses the came to my door last weekend and ask me who my Spiritual Savior was

some of you peopke are ridiculous, do you have jobs, nobody wants a bible play by play. you all sound like little kids, when in the end no one know if god is real, only according to a stupid book that may or may not be true.

375004[/snapback]

Thanks for your contribution :rolleyes:

Geez , I thought it was a simple and non-threatening request :confused:

O4... What is the purpose of Christs teachings , in your own words?

(30 or less)

374785[/snapback]

Jesus loves you KGL. Keep searching bro. Don't be afraid to open your heart to God.

Luke 11:24-26

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest: and finding none, he saith, I will retun unto my house whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and ganished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

Luke 11:28 blessed are they that hear the word of God and keep it.

some of you peopke are ridiculous, do you have jobs, nobody wants a bible play by play. you all sound like little kids, when in the end no one know if god is real, only according to a stupid book that may or may not be true.

Luke12:8-9

Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God. And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Well, it seems that if "Jesus" is just a word to you that you don't properly understand, you may be forgiven for not having accurate knowledge of the truth. BUT if you SENSE

accurate knowledge of the TRUTH i.e. the Holy Spirit, and you deny THAT, it shall not be forgiven.

04 , I know Jesus loves me , its you Im worried about...

It appears you use religion as an "Im right and your wrong"

issue instead of a source of moral guidance as it was meant.

Everyone certainly has thier own interpretation of what the

passages of the bible mean to them as we are all different and

with varying life experiences... but your willingness to use it

here daily to "justify" your posts (in your mind) seems only

to project a lack of respect for the true intentions of

this holy book. Is calling someone godless or a fool really

a good strategy to get someone to respect you and your views?

Apparently your hipocracy knows no bounds :shrugani: