need some help

sport

so its normal to have the carbs let the gas run right thru them in to the cylinders ??

344720[/snapback]

Nope! Maybe you've got a problem with a float in one of the carbs. ... When the float bowl has enough fuel in it, the float closes a needle valve to stop any more fuel coming through. It's either not rising,'cos it's got a hole in it and has got fuel inside it, or the needle valve is not sealing corectly.

Try tapping on the side of the float bowl with a screwdriver handle.

I would only expect it to happen on one side, as a failure of both floats/ needles at the same time is highly unlikely!

I think someone else should chime in here, as two strokes are new to me and I'm not sure that the port configurations would allow this to happen anyway? :shrugani:

Rare.

Sounds right. It was flooded out for some reason, needle/seat being most likely. Again, it would only happen on one side normally, unless the bike was tipped over or some such other thing, although I guess a very plugged air filter could make it do something like that.

Nope! Maybe you've got a problem with a float in one of the carbs. ... When the float bowl has enough fuel in it, the float closes a needle valve to stop any more fuel coming through. It's either not rising,'cos it's got a hole in it and has got fuel inside it, or the needle valve is not sealing corectly.

Try tapping on the side of the float bowl with a screwdriver handle.

I would only expect it to happen on one side, as a failure of both floats/ needles at the same time is highly unlikely!

I think someone else should chime in here, as two strokes are new to me and I'm not sure that the port configurations would allow this to happen anyway?  :shrugani:

Rare.

344752[/snapback]

would this kinda thing make both pipes fill up if it was only 1 carb or do you think it filled the crank case and worked its way up the other cylinder / i haven't really checked it all out yet , i am going to pull the motor this weekend ..... just looking for some advice

I would think one leaking carb would fill up both pipes.

344878[/snapback]

One carb would not fill both cylinders unless you had a two inti one carb setup.Also all engines cylinders are seperated,in order for them to share anything you would have to have a bad head gasket or broken crankcase. Nobody is playing games with you on your shee ? Was it water or gas in your pipes.

One carb would not fill both cylinders unless you had a two inti one carb setup.Also all engines cylinders are seperated,in order for them to share anything you would have to have a bad head gasket or broken crankcase. Nobody is playing games with you on your shee ? Was it water or gas in your pipes.

344885[/snapback]

Actually, the center crank bearings are open, are they not? I think oil or gas could get beween sides quite easily since there is supply (of gasoline) on one side and suction on both sides, fluids could theoretically transfer back and forth. Never seen it myself, but sounds possible...

Seems like a rare possibility. Sure you don't have some kids around playing with gas cans?  :shrugani:

344951[/snapback]

no kids , and it was gas , like i said i haven't pulled teh motor yet to exactly see what is going on was just looking for some tip on what to look for , thought maybe if i was lucky it was something stupid