Cure to the thumb throttle woes.

Excellent idea, backed up with photographic evidence. Open and shut case. How is the lever travel? Does it travel further to open all the way? Any other mods required? Just curious.

I would consider replacing the cover or grinding the honda off.

i went from a thunb throttle quad to a twist throttle quad and the twist gets my vote for easy! id say to everyone who hates a sore thumb should go twist.

346916[/snapback]

Probably be a lot of funerals to go to, mine included!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't cut coils off the springs, I grind the outside diameter down to make them softer. Think about it, if you went out and cut coils off of the front suspension. It wont make it softer, it'll be harder. Take a stock front Banshee shock spring, put it on the ground, put your weight on it and compress it. Now, cut it in half. Put your weight on it again. A lot stiffer isn't it. The same principle applies to throttle springs.

I don't cut coils off the springs, I grind the outside diameter down to make them softer. Think about it, if you went out and cut coils off of the front suspension. It wont make it softer, it'll be harder. Take a stock front Banshee shock spring, put it on the ground, put your weight on it and compress it. Now, cut it in half. Put your weight on it again. A lot stiffer isn't it. The same principle applies to throttle springs.

356294[/snapback]

I thought you pull on the throtle spring not push?

my carbs came with cut springs, thumb still gets tired every now and then...

OMG! Dude! Your banshee says HONDA on it! :bolt:

Leaving coild on the carbs makes it harder actualy...your creating less pressure on the spring. Typicaly less coil springs are made of thicker material or stiffer material. In this case it works....it does NOT make the thumb stuffer.

Edited by Justintoxicated